We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airlines moving from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,472 posts
254 reviews
Save Topic
Airlines moving from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3

I am so happy that some of the airlines I am flying with to other countries will be moving their operations from NAIA T1 to T3. Well before this move I will still endure the pain of going through T1 when I arrive in a few days.

abs-cbnnews.com/business/01/17/14/5-internat…

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airlines moving from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3

"When the concerned carriers reportedly asked Honrado to furnish them a contract before they transfer operations to a new office, the airport manager said: “It’s only a piece of paper.”"

I am surprised to read this “It’s only a piece of paper.”.

In business especially with the big boys, a contract states the terms and conditions. If NAIA fail to give an official contract, I doubt anything will move because the airlines are not protected.

To me, this means that NAIA T3 is still not ready both operationally and legally ready to receive any new airlines to T3.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,472 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airlines moving from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3

His hands are tied down. I don't think there is really an intention not to give a written contract but because of this legal issues surrounding the operations of T3 that the government can't yet fully do what should be done. Verbal contract is of course not enough as the airlines will have to pay the airport operator for them to use the facilities.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,630 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airlines moving from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3

IT will be awhile before this happens.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
19,472 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airlines moving from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3

@ Leftovertoo: I really hope that you are wrong ;-) Actually the airlines are the ones which are hesitant to move to Terminal 3 because of the legal issues. If they will be asked to transfer to Terminal 2 then it would be easier to encourage them.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
5,172 posts
625 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airlines moving from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3

its as simple as sending a binding contract for the airlines to sign. the reason why mciaa cant give a legal contract because they are unable to. they have yet to fulfill the court's conditions. therefore mciaa is not in a position to offer a legal contract. issuing one will be null and void, illegal.

6. Re: Airlines moving from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 05:19