We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

20 hours in Manila

hong kong
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
20 hours in Manila

Midnight flight from Cebu and stopover until catch second day flight at 5:00 to HKG. Suggest any budget hotel to stay nearby airport or Makati area? Bec if I go downtown I am worry time is too tied. Is there locker to stored my luggage in T3 and take them on the second day?

Mentioned in this post
Cebu Island
Cebu Island
Visayas, Philippines
Makati
Makati
Luzon, Philippines
Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
10,898 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 20 hours in Manila

This is where I stay. It is close to the airport

www.angelfire.com/biz2/townhousehotelmanila/

I believe there is luggage storage at Terminal 3 but i have never used it.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,286 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 20 hours in Manila

There are at least a dozen budget hotels near Terminal 3 (2-4 kms. radius) and they have been thoroughly discussed in these links that I will give you:

tripadvisor.com/…26865641

http://rogersplace.com.ph/

tripadvisor.com/…33398197

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 20 hours in Manila

many bed spacers at 200 pesos a night, why 20 hour lay over?

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 20 hours in Manila

how do you work out 20 hours manila? cebu manila is 90 minute flight, then you leave 5 pm, so that is 16,5 hours unless am flight then 2 1/2 hours, remember you need check in 4 hours before flight to hk.

Edited: 05 February 2014, 23:59
hong kong
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 20 hours in Manila

Hi ! to book this directly by email? This townhouse looks good, hope it is safe to stay 1 night & they have airport transfer? Is there other things nearby to shop or eat?

6. Re: 20 hours in Manila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 17:24
hong kong
Level Contributor
137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 20 hours in Manila

Having consider the SOGO in Harrison. How to find the shuttle bus from T3 to this place? Should book in advancec. I will arrived on 19:00pm

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Sogo
Hotel Sogo
64 Reviews
Luzon, Philippines
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
4,691 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 20 hours in Manila

you cant get the shuttle to sogo as that is between terminals. I stay at sogo at harrison as I often get 6 am flights out. Taxi from the airport is around 120 pesos and to get back to the airport there are taxis outside who will want to charge you a rip off fare or walk through the garage to EDSA and hail a passing cab for less than a hundred. there are lots even in the middle of the night. To get to Mall of Asia there is a pedestrian bridge over EDSA cross it and a taxi is less than 100 or walk in the direction of the Mall of Asia 100 metres and cross over the road and get a jeepney ( jeepneys before the junction will usually turn right)

If you go on google earth the hotel is mentioned

You do not book in advance just turn up, at busy times you may have to wait for a room to become free but there is free WiFi and you can get a snack or coffee while you wait.

Mentioned in this post
Asia
Asia
World
Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
10,898 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 20 hours in Manila

Is there other things nearby to shop or eat?

---------------------------------------------------------

Mall of Asia, one of the biggest malls in the world is a short taxi ride away from Townhouse. It is walking distance if you are fit. It will take about 20 minutes to walk.

Mall of Asia has cinemas including an Imax theatre where you can watch the latest block buster movies in 3D on the huge screen. It also has many cheap dining choices plus some more expensive dining choices with views of Manila bay.

Mentioned in this post
Manila Bay
Manila Bay
985 Reviews
Luzon, Philippines
Asia
Asia
World
10. Re: 20 hours in Manila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 16:46