We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terminal 2 duty free?

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cali
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Terminal 2 duty free?

Hi guys, just wondering if theres a duty free shop open at 5am right at the arrival area of terminal 2, im arriving by PAL international. I wanna buy some cigarettes and chocolates.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,075 posts
547 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terminal 2 duty free?

Yes there is one at the baggage area. I just do not know if they are open at 5am.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,649 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terminal 2 duty free?

Well that shows how much noice I take of things, I have never noticed it. Of course, I am usually focused on getting my bag to the internal customs inspector.

Regardless, my experience with duty free in the Philippines is that it is cheaper or the same price in the supermarket.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,774 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Terminal 2 duty free?

If you don't mind where those chocolates and cigarettes were made then supermarkets have them. Cigarettes sold in duty free are different than the local versions sold in supermarkets. Cadbury and M&M chocolates in supermarkets are made in Malaysia while in duty free they came from either Australia, UK or USA.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,649 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Terminal 2 duty free?

OK. Well for the same products, i will give you some examples from the past.

3 litres Jack Daniels. Can't remember the actual price but it was P1000 less in Gaisano Tabanuk in Talisay City than the price at Duty Free Philippines in Terminal 2 departure lounge.

1 litre gold presentation boxed Tanduay Rhum aged for 5 years. P82 in Colonnade Supermarket in Cebu City. I forgot to buy it in Cebu City, went looking for it at the duty free Philippines outlet at Terminal 2 on departure. It was P300. I thought "never mind"

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,712 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Terminal 2 duty free?

Stuff sole at NAIA Duty free is of crazy price.

But them at supermarket and they have more variety there!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,209 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Terminal 2 duty free?

duty free is a name, not a way to save money...hit the store after you get in if possible.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,596 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Terminal 2 duty free?

@ Big Jim

Ditto. I know where the CRs are, but have barely noticed the duty free!

@ Softspoken

Unless you URGENTLY need to pick it up, I too would second MH's suggestion of picking up these items from any supermarket (pssst... Phils makes very few goods of it's own, hence most shopping markets / stores contain imported items - be they cigarettes, liquors or chocolates). The cost difference would be marginal, but the variety, much more.

Also, cigarettes are commonly available in all convenience stores (which are open 24 hours - they go by the name 7-eleven and Ministop) and your taxi driver can stop at one after you leave the airport.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,774 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Terminal 2 duty free?

Are those cigarettes and chocolates for friends and relatives? Yes, the duty free at airports are dismal in variety and priced higher that Duty Free Fiesta Mall. If the duty free at Terminal 2 is open by that time the assorted chocolates for $35 may be good enough for giveaways and if you buy 3 they will give 1 bag free.

Edited: 01 April 2014, 14:14
9. Re: Terminal 2 duty free?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2015, 06:17