We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One way from Manilla>Wow! Pay now at the Century Plaza Hotel

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
One way from Manilla>Wow! Pay now at the Century Plaza Hotel

Thank you to the contributors who put together this fantastic pool of knowledge. After searching the database, I did not find the answer to this particular problem.

Using United miles I booked a one-way ticket into Manilla (no problem). Using American Airlines miles I booked a return trip to the USA (problem). I received an email from American Airlines telling me that there is a tax on the return tickets and the tax needs to be paid *in Manilla* in the next 5-days. In particular, there is a travel desk at the Century Park Hotel in Manilla (632-524-8625) that needs to receive payment for the taxes in the next 5 days.

I'm in the USA. I called the Century Park Hotel travel desk and no one answers the phone.

Any thoughts on how to pay the tax in Manilla at the Century Park Hotel?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One way from Manilla>Wow! Pay now at the Century Plaza Hotel

What type of tax are you referring to?

If you are referring to Airport Terminal Fee, you will have to pay P550 before departure.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,515 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One way from Manilla>Wow! Pay now at the Century Plaza Hotel

It's MANILA and not Manilla. That is the number of American Airlines here in Manila, call them during their office hours from Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm and someone will answer during that time. No one will answer you if you call beyond their office hours.

Edited: 07 April 2014, 03:29
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One way from Manilla>Wow! Pay now at the Century Plaza Hotel

Thank you for your kind & courteous correction, Manila.

There is confusion about the nature of this charge. Some ticketing agents call it a tax (e.g., Philippine Travel Taxes), others call it a fee.

The number is for Airesources, Inc. (GSA), which is in the Lower Lobby, Century Park Hotel. Airesources, Inc. appears to be the Ticket Sales Center for American Airlines.

As for the phone system, it is quirky. There is an insightful post on flyer talk under the heading "Special ticketing procedure: award tickets originating in Manila." That description fits the phone system best, regardless of the time you call. The important thing to remember is to be nice to the ticketing agent.

Here is the solution that worked for me.

Step 1: Work your way through the phone system.

Step 2: Have your passport & reservation code ready.

Step 3: After the Airesources, Inc. ticketing agent confirms your booking, ask for him or her to email you instructions to pay for the "fee" by wire transfer.

Step 4: Follow the email instructions.

Alternatively, the Flyer Talk post mentions a way to pay for the fee through use of fax and a credit card.

I hope this helps someone.

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One way from Manilla>Wow! Pay now at the Century Plaza Hotel

Airline tickets are liable for e-vat which is 12% and you may also need to pay terminal tax to the Airline

Edited: 07 April 2014, 05:18
5. Re: One way from Manilla>Wow! Pay now at the Century Plaza Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 05:17