We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do I need a Visa and what vacinations do I need to have

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
do I need a Visa and what vacinations do I need to have

Do I need a visa to Visit Manila for about 10days and what vaccinations do I need to have prior to going and how many weeks do you normally need them >>

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,913 posts
1,622 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: do I need a Visa and what vacinations do I need to have

No visa required for a 10 day stay.

No vacinations required but consult your medical practitioner for advice on their recommendations based on current risks. My own preference is to ensure my Hep A & B, Typhoid are up to date and I take an oral vacine for Cholera.

Have appropriate protection for mosquitos for Dengue Fever. Malaria is generally only an issue in the more remote rural areas.

Tommo

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,482 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: do I need a Visa and what vacinations do I need to have

If you hold a UK Citizens Passport, you will not need a Visa.

A certificate of vaccination against yellow fever is required for travelers coming from an infected area.

If you wish, you may protect yourself against Hepatitis, Typhoid, Cholera and Rabies but they are not compulsory.

You must protect yourself against Dengue Fever. No vaccination is available so you must use physical protection such as long sleeves and trousers after dusk and a good Mosquito Repellent such as "Go!".

Edited: 12 May 2014, 23:31
Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: do I need a Visa and what vacinations do I need to have

@ Tony

For a UK passport holder, no - you do not need a visa for a 10 day stay.

Vaccinations - best ask your local HMO - different countries have different takes.

I have many friends who come without any vaccinations and do just fine - others who fall sick. It also depends on how much they have travelled to tropical countries (earlier frequent travel helps them develop immunity to tropical diseases)

What Tommo and FSRP have mentioned regarding vaccines is correct.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,991 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: do I need a Visa and what vacinations do I need to have

Presuming you hold a UK passport, you will be granted a 30 day visa waiver on arrival in the Philippines.

What is more important is having an onward or return ticket. No onward ticket and you will probably not even be allowed to board your plane.

There are no vaccinations required for the Philippines.

The 2 diseases you need to worry about most are Dengue and Malaria. The best prevention for them is to cover up or wear insect repellent.

5. Re: do I need a Visa and what vacinations do I need to have

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2015, 07:16