We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Los Angeles, CA to Caticlan, stopping in Manila first.

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
Save Topic
From Los Angeles, CA to Caticlan, stopping in Manila first.

I originally asked this question in the Boracay forum, but now I feel it would be more appropriate here:

Sorry for the silly question, I am a novice international traveller.

When I land in Manila, will I need to get my baggage from baggage claim, or will my baggage automatically be transferred to my connecting flight to the Caticlan airport.

My concern is, I NEED to get my baggage when I land in Manila. Due to Caticlan's strict baggage weight limit, I need to check in one of my baggage to one of Manila's secure baggage lockers they have in terminal 3. So I can not have my baggage transported automatically to my connecting flight. Is this an arrangement I have to make to the staff? Or is it automatically implied I have to get my baggage from baggage claim when I land in Manila?

Lastly, I will land in Manila airport in terminal 2. My flight to Caticlan is 4.5 hours in terminal 3. Will I have to go through security and customs all over again? If so, will I be able to move from terminal 2 to 3, going through customs/security, check in my big baggage to the baggage locker located in terminal 3, and then go to my designated gate for my connecting flight all comfortably withing 4.5 hours?

Thank you in advance guys.

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,481 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Los Angeles, CA to Caticlan, stopping in Manila first.

you posted this already, we dont need duplicates

2. Re: From Los Angeles, CA to Caticlan, stopping in Manila first.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:15