We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila with a toddler

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Manila with a toddler

Hi, it's me again :) my family and I will be visiting Manila in February and this time, we have our two year old son. This is our first child so I am not familiar with any venues that would be nice to take him to. I live in Chicago, where we have multiple museums, Children's/ discovery museums, a planetarium, lots of playground and open space, free concerts in the park, even the local suburban library is a treat.

When I lived in Manila, we pretty much just hung out at malls and restaurants. Of course I saw a lot of children in buggies with their family in the malls, but surely there is more to Manila for them to see aside from malls and playing in the neighborhood? We do plan on hitting a beach or two but the bulk of our stay will be in the city. I don't have any cousins with children my son's age that I could ask.

And since I never had a child when I was living in Manila, I never paid attention to restroom facilities. Are a lot of the malls equipped with diaper changing tables? I already know about bringing my own sanitizer, kleenex and paper towels as i know some restrooms are lacking with these amenities.

Any other tips regarding traveling/vacationing with a baby or toddler are most welcome! We plan on bringing our car seat as well and his Maclaren Volo (umbrella) buggy since it is light and easy to fold/unfold.

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manila with a toddler

All malls have the facilities you need for your baby.

My daughter was happy visiting the kiddies area in Megamall LG Floor between A and B and also Market Place Mall Kalentong and there was a kiddies area in Glorietta but I don't know if it has been included since it was renovated.

Mentioned in this post
Glorietta
Glorietta
207 Reviews
Luzon, Philippines
manila
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manila with a toddler

You can take your toddler to the Manila Ocean Park.

I am happy with Bonifacio High Street or Alabang Town Center as it doesn't have the "mall" feeling

Mentioned in this post
Manila Ocean Park
Manila Ocean Park
1,754 Reviews
Luzon, Philippines
Bonifacio High Street
Bonifacio High Street
75 Reviews
Luzon, Philippines
3. Re: Manila with a toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 22:35
Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manila with a toddler

The restrooms in the malls do have diaper changing tables. One bit of advice about the more popular malls - never go on weekends or if unavoidable, go to the mall at opening time when it isn't too crowded yet.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,668 posts
2,081 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manila with a toddler

Jokelang your posts will continue to be removed as spam.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manila with a toddler

Avilon Zoo may interest your kid?

Mentioned in this post
Avilon Zoo
Avilon Zoo
112 Reviews
Luzon, Philippines
Metro Manila...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manila with a toddler

You might want to spend more time in Southern Manila if you're bringing a toddler. The North seems to be more congested and polluted (Well, I might be biased as I am a Southerner.) But we have a nice mall there - Alabang Town Center - which has an open park and playground. Then you may want to go to the Palms Country Club also within the vicinity.

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
8. Re: Manila with a toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2015, 05:16