We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila Airport Terminal 3 to Terminal 2

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Germany
Level Contributor
63 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Manila Airport Terminal 3 to Terminal 2

Hi,

My Family has Booked a flight from Caticlan to Shanghai .

We are flying with PAL all the way.

Arriving in Manila at 9:20am. At terminal 3.

Our flight to shanghai leaves at 11:25 am from terminal 2 again with PAL.

Do we have to pick up our luggage ?

What do you think about the time that we have?

And finally if the time is too short why is PAL offering this flight if you can't make it?

thanks.

Safot

Goleta, California
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Manila Airport Terminal 3 to Terminal 2

when you check in y our bags just ask

Germany
Level Contributor
63 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manila Airport Terminal 3 to Terminal 2

That's why I ask here....before I'm there with my wife and kid.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
554 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manila Airport Terminal 3 to Terminal 2

pal booking system wil allow it as the minimum connecting time is 2 hours. most probably if ever your caticlan-manila flight is only slightly delayed, the international leg can wait for you. if the domestic flight is terribly delayed, you will be left behind but pal will take care to book you on the next flight to shanghai. but the shanghai flight is only once daily. that may mean you will have to be accomodated in a hotel and next day's flight.

to allow for possible delays, there is an earlier flight that arrives around 820am. however, this flight is only 4x a week. if that is available, i would suggest the earlier flight.

Germany
Level Contributor
63 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manila Airport Terminal 3 to Terminal 2

Thank you

we did book at the beginning the 7.20 flight but PAL changed it to 8.20

The problem is that we fly the next morning from Shanghai to London.

Do you know if we have to run to terminal 2 with our bags or will PAL take care of it?

And one other thing.....do we really have to leave the building go to customs and do the whole procedure again in terminal 2?

Thanks

philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
554 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manila Airport Terminal 3 to Terminal 2

I have never tried a check through from Caticlan to Manila and to an international destination so I cannot specifically say. However, for places like Cebu, Iloilo, Bacolod, check through is actually done, and your luggages are tagged from origin all the way to the final destination.

According to PAL's website, Caticlan-Manila PR2040 ETD 720am ETA 820am is available on Monday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. PR2046 is the one that is a daily flight ETD820am, ETA 920am.

Since you are ticketed from Caticlan all the way to Shanghai, PAL should take care of you. I suggest at the check in counter, please tell the counter person of the need for you to make the connecting flight.

Edited: 07 August 2014, 07:56
philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
554 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manila Airport Terminal 3 to Terminal 2

1-your luggages will be tagged all the way to Shanghai. Next time you will see your luggages are in Shanghai.

2-you will be issued boarding passes for the domestic and the international route.

3-Upon arrival in Manila, look for PAL transfer desk. They will have an airside (inside the airport) shuttle service, this helps avoiding the traffic outside.

4-remind PAL transfer desk of your connecting flight. they should radio the connecting flight to wait for you.

5-When you arrive at T2, go through the 1st xray machine, then proceed straight to immigration.

Germany
Level Contributor
63 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manila Airport Terminal 3 to Terminal 2

If it is so it's gonna be ok I guess.

Thank you for your help.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,729 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manila Airport Terminal 3 to Terminal 2

I would actually be a little worried.

Flights from Caticlan uses propeller plane so they are more dependent on weather.

I do not know when you are travelling. If it is during the wet season, the airline will not hesitate to reschedule the flight if the weather turns bad. I guess nobody wants the Taiwan Transasia incident to happen again.

I would suggest you look into your plan again.

If necessary, stay overnight in Manila.

Edited: 07 August 2014, 19:18
Germany
Level Contributor
63 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manila Airport Terminal 3 to Terminal 2

We are flying mid September.

We cannot change now. Everything is booked.

Lets hope for the best.

philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,103 posts
554 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manila Airport Terminal 3 to Terminal 2

…philippineairlines.com/flights/…

I found this in PAL's website.

Baggage Clearance: For connecting flight involving different terminals (in Manila), due to facility limitation and CIQ requirements, tagging the baggage all the way to final destination is not allowed. Passenger needs to claim their baggage and clear with Customs upon arrival.