We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila to Bataan

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Manila to Bataan

I understand there is no longer a ferry from Manila to Bataan. I also understand the bus takes 2 to 3 hours to get to Bataan. If I take the 6am bus i'm guessing i get to Bataan at 8:30 to 9am. I want to see the WWII museum and Bataan death march mile markers and the surrender site. I also hear there is a Giant cross which you can go to the top. I will have to catch the 2 pm bus back since I have a flight leaving the airport to Cebu at 6:45 pm. I will want to back to Manila by 5pm to play it safe. My questions are...... Anyone who has taken the bus what were the actual travel times. I know it will vary. Where do I get off in Bataan. I know there are a couple of stops in Bataan. If i get there at 9am and have to leave a 2pm do I have enough time? I'm thinking even a few hours is better than nothing. Any other helpful advice is welcome.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,310 posts
2,049 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manila to Bataan

It may be worth paying more and hiring a private driver, one recommended on the forum. This will allow you to utilise your limited time better.

My father is travelling to Bataan in December and has organised Tourist Driver to take him there.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manila to Bataan

Do not attempt to travel too far on the day of your departure.

Manila traffic can be very bad especially they are having a major construction of a new skyway.

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manila to Bataan

There is Mount Samat Cross but you would have to hire some form of transport to get to it from Balanga.

I agree traffic can be bad and if you are planning on coming back to manila for a 6.45 flight will not want to be on the road after 4.30 pm and if your 2 o clock bus decided to wait till 2.45 then you could find yourself on EDSA moving at walking pace.

There is a $80 a night hotel on major booking sites in Balanga but that is the only one advertised. If that was in your budget i would go the night before or hire a driver willing to make an early start from Manila.

As anyone who used to take the bus to Olongapo/Subic before SCTEX expressay was built its a very slow road once you leave the NLEX

The last alternative is to rent a car if you drive in Angeles City as although I would advise against self drive its not quite as bad as driving though Manila and you could take the expressway to Dinaluphian as long as you are good with maps. You could then aim to get back to AC for 2 pm and arrange for the company to drop you off at Dau terminal for a Pasay bus.

Edited: 13 August 2014, 14:56
4. Re: Manila to Bataan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 06:17