We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tailor in Manila?

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
paris
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tailor in Manila?

Hello, as I posted below, I'm planing to come over Manila in middle of November.

I've seen on this forum a lot of address for custom made suits.

I've been several times in Thailand, and each time, I come back with 3 suits, very well made.

Between all address mentioned on other topic, wich one seems to be the best one?

Thank you

chicago, il
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tailor in Manila?

Try Mr. K at Sucat, Paranaque. I had my suit/barong,pants for the wedding made there and its very good in terms of craftmanship. When I get back, I will stop buy there.You probably need to buy some textile in he mall.

paris
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tailor in Manila?

If I have well understand, you say that I need to by my own textil in a mall before to go to your tailor?

I'll prefer to find textil in the tailor shop, because I don't have a lot of time in Manila...

I have addresses, but I don't yet wich one to try :

King Philip Tailors

Ayala Avenue, Glorietta 1, Ayala Center, Makati City, Manila, 1224

Kingsmen Custom Tailors

Address: Century Plaza Bldg.,, 120 Perea Street, Legaspi Village, Makati City, Philippines

King George Men's Boutique & Custom Tailor

Address: 1008-D Arnaiz Avenue, Makati City, Philippines

Daneche Tailor Shop

Address: Robinson's Galleria, 112 Park Ave., Edsa cor. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City, Philippines

Guam, USA
Level Contributor
436 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tailor in Manila?

I recommend Exclusively His, on Pasay Rd. in Makati (behind Greenbelt).

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tailor in Manila?

Both King Philip and Exclusively His are reliable, however King Philip has a wider choice of textiles available.

paris
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tailor in Manila?

Thanks.

However, do you have some tips for my two other topic (jewellery and car rental?)

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tailor in Manila?

I've used Nissan Rent-a-Car (used by many hotels) and Filcar Transport and was quite satisfied with both.

There are reputable jewellers at the Glorietta shopping mall in Ayala Center (check www.ayalamalls.com.ph for a listing) however I can't give any recommendations since I've not dealt with them for custom-made jewelry.

paris
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tailor in Manila?

Thanks a lot ;)

Danville, CA
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tailor in Manila?

Try Avalon Rent A Car. Have used them and very reasonable. Ask for Ricky as your driver. He knows the city and outskirts well. As for jewelers, suggest you hit the Greenbelt and Glorietta malls and deal with them. They are reputable and your chances of fake jewelry is reduced drastically. The Philippines is well known for faux products and they replicate rather well. A recent trip to Greenbelt 4 looking at Gucci and Valentino products then comparing them with copies in small outlets left me in awe.

All of your tailors are reputable and if you don't have too much time, go with the one that has the widest array of textiles to choose from. You may end up paying more than what you would with other tailors bringin in your own material, but it will still be much better than what you would pay in First World countries.

Good luck and have a great trip.

manila
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Tailor in Manila?

Good Day, Try Philip Men's Fashion International either at Rennaissance Hotel Makati or at Pasay Road, had lots of fabric choices and very good workmanship, but needs at least 3 days to a week for a suit to be made to order and prices are negotiable, not to be mistaken for King Philip as they almost have the same name and logo.

10. Re: Tailor in Manila?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 05:25