We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

second hand computer- import regulations

luxembourg
5 posts
Save Topic
second hand computer- import regulations

Hello friends, I want to send a used pc computer to a friend in Quzon City as gift. Im not sure about the import costumer regulations in the Phil.. Dont know if the import of computer is allowed, and important,if my friend has to pay import taxes. The value of the computer is not more than 50 USD.

Thanks a lot for every answer !!!

Armand

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
643 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: second hand computer- import regulations

If you send your computer through post office parcel, which I do not advise you to do because it is not very safe to do that in the Philippines, then your friend will have to pay taxes which will be computed accordingly when he/she gets the item. Another option is to send it through overseas courier which sends "balikbayan" boxes of overseas contract workers. I've sent my extra baggages when I was in the U.S. through a courier and it arrived safely (in a month's time) The company is called FOREX (www.forexworld.us) and it has branches around the world especially where there are lots of overseas Filipino workers. I believe it has a branch in the UK and Italy. Your friend does not have to pay anything as it arrives directly in his/her house.