We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacation rental on timog ave

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
11 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
vacation rental on timog ave

Hello everyone,I am planning a trip to phillipines in august. I found a nice place that is within my budget. Now the name of the place is called torre venezia and its located on timog ave in quezon city. I have stayed along quezon ave before I think it's great compared to malate. All I did was get harassed for money there. Anyways can someone tell me about that area? Thanks

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,430 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vacation rental on timog ave

Torre Venzia is just about 2 blocks away from the intersection of Timog Ave. and Quezon Ave. You won't find many foreign tourists in the are but it's a popular dining and entertainment district frequented mostly by Quezon City residents. Lots of restaurants and bars within the vicinity of Timog Ave. and T. Morato. Also a short taxi ride away are some large malls i.e. SM North Edsa, Trinoma. Fisher Mall, etc. Torre Venezia itself has a nice supermarket and a branch of Gold's Gym in the building. I think it's a fine choice if you prefer to stay in Q.C. area.

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
11 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vacation rental on timog ave

In your opinion, is it a place you would want your family traveling to see you? I don't want to get deep in detail but it's not a place like ermita with ktv bars everywhere and so forth?

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,278 posts
574 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vacation rental on timog ave

there are several of those ktv bars you are alluding to but the area is expansive enough that you can avoid them.there a lot more "wholesome" places in the surrounding vicinity as mentioned by bryantpark. no worries.

Edited: 17 July 2014, 12:34
Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
11 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vacation rental on timog ave

Cool,I was hoping it wasn't that bad cuz I really like the place I am renting for two weeks.Thanks alot to everyone who replied so far.

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,430 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vacation rental on timog ave

The area is pretty decent as it's generally located in a middle class residential neighborhood. Timog Ave. is known for KTV bars and comedy clubs but these joints are patronized mostly by office workers, groups of friends and families as opposed to the ones found in Ermita. Neaby T. Morato, on the other hand, is known for dining as there are quite a number of popular restaurants along the strip frequented by the same.

Edited: 17 July 2014, 15:23
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
1 post
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vacation rental on timog ave

Across Torre Venezia is a catholic church. On the other side is Burger King. Both Timog Avenue and Tomas Morato is a place of decent restaurants. Yes, it is in a middle class area, entirely different from Ermita.

Depending on where you are going or how you want to spend your vacation, Torre Venezia is a good place. There are a few hotels in the area, try to google Luxent and Cocoon hotels, it might be within your budget.

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
11 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vacation rental on timog ave

Thanks for everyone help.

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
11 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: vacation rental on timog ave

Has anyone stayed at that building before, if so what is your opinion of the bldging? I heard someone saying that ortigas is better than staying on timog ave.

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,502 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: vacation rental on timog ave

Qrtigas is much better. You have 5 malls within a short distance

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,381 posts
1,661 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: vacation rental on timog ave

Cocoon Hotel is a fantastic hotel and the service is special. Located in a quiet street with McDonalds on the corner.

Tommo