We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day in Bodrum

Stuck in North Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
One Day in Bodrum

I have to admit I don't know a thing about it. I read through 3 pages of this Forum but it's about hotels and clubs, but nothing about what to do/see.

We're coming by boat - 1 day in each:

Canakkale, Bodrum, and Fethiye

Any suggestions?

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,305 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Day in Bodrum

Hi

In one day you cannot do a lot!!

Historic sites in Bodrum include: The Castle of St Peter, Mausoleum of Hallicarnassus, the Amphitheatre, the Myndos Gate. The Castle would take around 3 hours I managed to "do" them all in a day once but it was a very long day lol

There's lovely restaurants and excellent shopping in Bodrum as well.

The Castle is fascinating and near to some good restaurants. The vies from the top amazing.

If you'd like any further information etc let me know

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Day in Bodrum

Hi Brahmama,

Have a look in the top left hand corner of this page, and click on 'Bodrum Overview'. Lots of general information there, with lots of suggestions on sites to visit etc.

Hope that this helps.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Day in Bodrum

You can't do places like Bodrum and Fethiye in a day but you can certainly give yourself a good idea of the vibe of these towns. Bodrum has much history to do but perhaps in one day you should stick to the Crusader castle (closed at lunchtime so either well before 12 or after 2 is best), there are some lovely restaurants along the Marina (La Jolla Bistro and Marina Yacht Club are quite nice but there are much cheaper options too - too many to choose from!Fora bar does a lovely light lunch menu). There is a bazaar area and lots of shops to see too. Enjoy, it will just whet your appetite for a proper return visit!

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,592 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Day in Bodrum

Betiz Beach is recommended in the 'Bodrum Overview' ... can we get to it without a rental car?

We also want to spend some time at St. Peter's Castle ... which we thought we would do in the morning, with an hour or two at Betiz Beach in the afternoon. We also have only one day on a cruise stop in Bodrum. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Stuck in North Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Day in Bodrum

Hi

In one day you cannot do a lot!!

Historic sites in Bodrum include: The Castle of St Peter, Mausoleum of Hallicarnassus, the Amphitheatre, the Myndos Gate. The Castle would take around 3 hours I managed to "do" them all in a day once but it was a very long day lol

There's lovely restaurants and excellent shopping in Bodrum as well.

The Castle is fascinating and near to some good restaurants. The vies from the top amazing.

If you'd like any further information etc let me know

VIP FAMILY,

Thank you for your reply and for the listing of possible things to do! Yes, I do have another question You mention lots of lovely restaurants. Do you have one in particular to recommend? We're hoping for a local experience with good local food - and not chock-block full of tourists!

Stuck in North Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One Day in Bodrum

sligo,

Oops, I answered the previous post before I read all the replies! You did give some recommendations for lunch and thank you very much! And also for the other info.

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,305 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One Day in Bodrum

Also try the kebab house by the school and a little further into the shops is a Turkish fast food type place. Very typically Turkish.

For afternoon tea Mado is a must on te main shopping street in Bodrum backing onto the sea with fantastic views of the bay etc. The baklava are fantastic, the ice cream wonderful and the coffees - spoilt for choice and of course everything endorsed by Weight Watchers - lol. They will also pack up the pastries if you wish to take some with you. Try a sutlac - a milk/rice pudding as well.

I hope you have a lovely day - when are you planning on visiting?

Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: One Day in Bodrum

Personally, I love Fethiye although there are some who don't. The shops are good and there are pleasant cafes. Don't get caught by the guy with the fake designer perfumes though. He wore me down, I bought and it was absolute trash. Still I guess he has to make a living and get through the closed season.

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: One Day in Bodrum

I would go to the Castle - St. Peter's fantastic half day excursion in centre of town. The Marina Yacht Club for lunch and then wander up from there to the amphiteatre.

Alternawtively if you like shopping there are hundreds of shop at the back of the castle and you just wander about!!!

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,569 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: One Day in Bodrum

Yes, you can get to Bitez from Bodrum without a car. The dolmus (little buses) run there regularly and it takes a maximum of 15 minutes tops to get there.

Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City