We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay in Bodrum, Turkey

Fort Saskatchewan...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to stay in Bodrum, Turkey

Have a trip planned next Oct. 1st to Oct.6th 2011 to Bodrum and was wondering if I could get as much feedback as possible on the best place to stay for 5 nights/ hotels etc.

I've read a lot of reviews but still can't figure what is the best place to stay. Looking at at least a 4star or better place so the more info the better. Were in our early 50's so don't need the night life as much as we used too.

Thanks

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,586 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay in Bodrum, Turkey

Are you wanting to stay in Bodrum itself or somewhere on the Bodrum peninsula? The Parkim Ayaz in Gumbet is highly rated - right on the beach and central for town. If looking for all inclusive, check out the Royal Asarlik, also right on the beach in Gumbet; or the World of Wonders but this does come at a price!!

Just a note of caution, some hotels are sold as being in Bodrum but are actually quite a way out and remote so if you see somewhere you fancy, do check its location before you make your mind up.

Jak xx

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stay in Bodrum, Turkey

Hello Lenny,welcome to the Turkey forum.

As Jakki says you first need to decide whether you want to stay actually in Bodrum town itself or out on the peninsula where there are several smaller resort towns and villages.There are pro’s and con’s to both options.

If you stay in Bodrum centre everything is close to hand and within comfortable walking distance for you.Despite being a bustling place there are lots of quieter corners so you needn’t worry about finding yourself in a room above a noisy disco!From the bus station you can get a local bus to anywhere on the peninsula.These are called dolmus and provide an excellent transport system safely and very cheaply.

Staying in one of the villages on the peninsula such as Bitez,Ortakent or Yalıkavak for example would be lovely if you prefer to be somewhere very peaceful and relaxing but you would need to rely on the buses to get around possibly having to go into Bodrum first to then take the next one out to where ever you wish to go.Not a huge problem but something you need to be aware of.If you intend to hire a car during your stay then the isolation won’t be a problem of course.

Most large 4-5* hotels are located out on the peninsula rather than in Bodrum itself and because most of them operate an A.I. system they tend to be in rather remote locations too with very little immediately outside.Rixos,Samara,Kempinsky,Kefaluka,Magic Life are good examples of this.Great hotels but you are a long way from anything .

One notable exception is the Bodrum WOW which is in Gumbet and only a very short walk from the town centre.This has an excellent reputation and is on the bus route in to Bodrum,10 minutes away.The town centre is noisy at night but the hotel is located far enough away that you can’t hear any of it.

Within Bodrum centre Club Voyage Bodrum is in a good location only a short walk from the centre and this tends to be adults only too rather than families.

Also please consider some of Bodrum’s exquisite boutique hotels offering a real taste of the Aegean in an intimate setting.Aegean Gate Hotel is consistently highly recommended,has stunning views and is close to the centre.Butterfly Hotel,Su Hotel and El Vino Hotel are also highly rated and deservedly so.

If I was a visitor to Bodrum I would choose one of these over one of the larger hotels every time.The large hotels offer good service etc etc but are rather impersonal whereas the smaller boutique hotels offer equally good standards but in a more personal warm manner so you almost feel you are staying with family rather than at a hotel☺They have time to chat to you and offer assistance and advice to help you enjoy your time in the area.This would give you the best of both worlds- elegant accomodation,everything close by yet the feeling of peace and relaxation all at the same time.

Hope all this is a help to you!

Bodrum
Destination Expert
for Bodrum City
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to stay in Bodrum, Turkey

In addition to all the above, the Marmara Bodrum is also a favorite 5 star hotel with an astounding view overlooking Bodrum.

Fort Saskatchewan...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to stay in Bodrum, Turkey

Jak,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but was gone for a few weeks.

Thanks for the info the more the better to try and make a decsion.

I've been looking at A I in Gumbet and there's place there called Royal Asarlik was wondering if you heard anything about it good or bad.

Len

Fort Saskatchewan...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to stay in Bodrum, Turkey

Sar,

Sorry for the long delay but was gone for a few weeks but thanks for all the info.

Just started to look again and ther's two places that I found Parkin Ayaz in Gumbet and Royal Asarlik do you know anything about them.

I think there both A I the more info the better, thanks again

Len

Fort Saskatchewan...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to stay in Bodrum, Turkey

scbc

Thanks for the info the more I get the better I'm informed.

Have you heard of Parkin Ayaz in Gumbet and Royal Asarlik hotels they say there 5 star A I just wondering I need to make a call real quick or will be left out.

Thanks again

Len

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to stay in Bodrum, Turkey

Parkım Ayaz is in a good central spot on the beach but it is a package tourist class 3* hotel and can be noisy.Some rooms are lovely and others...not so lovely if you get my meaning☺

Royal Asarlık was at one point a superb 4* hotel buıt last year it changed management and seemed to suffer a lot of problems especially regarding food and staffing plus a few other issues.At one time I would have recommended this with no hesitation but I am rather wary after this years very mixed reviews.

The only A.I. of any real merit in Gumbet is the Bodrum WOW.After that you need to look either in Bodrum itself or further out on the peninsula.

Fort Saskatchewan...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place to stay in Bodrum, Turkey

Thanks for the info WOW seems to come all the time for an AI but there's few more I looked into.

Diamond of Bodrum, Baia Hotel and Bodrum Holiday Resort have you heard of any of the above good bad or otherwise.

Also heading to Istanbul after for a few days shopping maybe you point me in the right direction on hotels, shopping in and around the Grand Bazaar or is there someplace better.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place to stay in Bodrum, Turkey

The Baia is very nice.This is located at the village of Gundoğan(pro. Goon-doe-ann) which is out on the peninsula close to Yalıkavak(you are sure to find that on a map if not Gundoğan!).

Diamond of Bodrum is also good and is only a short walk from the centre of the town.

Bodrum Holiday Resort......mmmm... pass.

Of these three I would choose Diamond for it's convenient location.The Baia, whilst lovely(and with great views),would leave you rather isolated especially in the evening.The Diamond ticks all your boxes though.

Regarding Istanbul you will do better to repost on the Istanbul forum for a wider range of advice.Before posting decide on which area you want to be based in-the historic heart of Sultanahmet or the more modern Taksim/Beyoğlu area.They aren't far apart but have a very different atmosphere.The Grand Bazaar is an experience not to be missed but it depends on what you want to buy as to whether it will be just to look or shop that you visit there.☺

Fort Saskatchewan...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place to stay in Bodrum, Turkey

Thanks for all your help I'm going to look at Diamond of Bodrum because like you said 5* AI and close to Bodrum center which I've heard is a must.

Let's hope everything falls into place and thanks again.

Len

Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City
Recent Conversations