We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

indian food

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
indian food

anywhere in the bodrum area

where you can get a decent indian meal

whitehaven,cumbria
Level Contributor
529 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: indian food

bombay cottage in gumbet, lovely little restaraunt it does a all you can eat for around a tenner.

very nice and as all the reastaraunts great service, they are not as authentic as british indians but very nice all the same.

all the best the jockster 27th june wwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooo

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: indian food

thanks jockster 71

i will check it out in june

philpeg1969
Level Contributor
366 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: indian food

Hi Jockster71

So where abouts is Bombay Cottage? Sounds good to me £10 for all you can eat. My type of place.

Phil

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,595 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: indian food

Hi, last year Bombay Cottage returned to its more normal location up the stairs close to Legends and the Outback Bar. When we went last June, they weren't doing the buffet (which was great) and we found the menu expensive. I will check out what's happening this year when the season opens.

We love our Indian food and used the Royal restaurant (outside the Queen Resort opposite the Bronze hotel) - brill!

Jak xx

whitehaven,cumbria
Level Contributor
529 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: indian food

we were there around 21st june last year and we had the buffett style all you can eat twice hahahahaaha, but we ventured to bitez for a indian restaraunt one night after good comments on here, but we should of new wot it was like when it was empty.

It was the worst indian ive had in my life horrible it was british airways pilot who thought he could turn into a indian chef overnight? wrong! wrong! the only thing indian about the meal was probably his parents where indian, so give this a miss.

also whilst over in gumbet you have to try sue's chip shop for fish and chips absolute beautiful.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: indian food

Most Bodrum restaurants and hotels have Veggie Curry on the menu. Although different, it is not what I would call curry. They do not use the same spices that you maybe used to.

Compared to most countries being a vegetarian is not too bad. Lentil soup is served at most restaurants, and served with lots of bread, sometimes with a bit of salad and rare cases with cheese. Also salads and cheeses are good. And the market is fantastic for seasonal fruit and veg. And there are loads of stalls selling dried fruit and nuts.

Be wary of the expensive restaurants by the sea east of the castle. In April most were using tinned or frozen veg. Though nice tables by the sea. Worth forking out the extra Lira for the view.

7. Re: indian food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 14:15
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City
Recent Conversations