We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bodrum what to do in one day

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
146 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Bodrum what to do in one day

One day cruiseship stop in Bodrum Oct 07. Open to suggestions re excursions or other ways to spend the day. How far is it to go to Kos Island and are there ferries operating on a regular basis?

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks

Mentioned in this post
Bodrum
Bodrum
Mugla Province, Turkey
Kos
Kos
Dodecanese, Greece
London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,824 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bodrum what to do in one day

More like late 30s of low 40s that time of year!

Temperature recordings should always be read in the shade, not the sun as it is the air temperature that is measured.

Edited: 26 June 2011, 16:41
philpeg1969
Level Contributor
425 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bodrum what to do in one day

If i was you i would take in the Castle.

We have been to the castle for the last two years.

Great day out and gives youy some terrific views over Bodrum Bay.

Well worth a visit.

After the castle thier are plenty of shops to keep you busy for the rest of the day then afterwards perhaps a nice meal in one of the Resturants dotted around the Harbour.

Mentioned in this post
Bodrum Bay Resort
Bodrum Bay Resort
700 Reviews
Bodrum, Turkey
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
146 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bodrum what to do in one day

Thanks Philpeg 1969.

could you eleborate, is the Castle in town and accessible by walking or does one have to drive there. How much time would it take for a return trip. Are there any boats that can take one for a few hours to some other villages, With only one day we would like to see as much as possible.

thanks again

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,824 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bodrum what to do in one day

Oops I just realised I replied to another post instead of this one! I was replying on my phone and must of got the posts mixed up, what I wrote makes no sense at all - lol

I would say don't bother with a trip to Kos or you wont get to see Bodrum. The castle is lovely, it is right in the town on the harbour front.

There aren't any boats that go to other villages but you can get a dolmus (mini bus) from the bus station in Bodrum to any number of places. Bitez is a nice place to go and just 15 minutes away or if you fancy going a little further the Gumusluk is lovely, it takes about 35 minutes from Bodrum.

Edited: 27 June 2011, 16:41
Mentioned in this post
Kos
Kos
Dodecanese, Greece
Bodrum
Bodrum
Mugla Province, Turkey
Bitez
Bitez
Bodrum, Turkey
philpeg1969
Level Contributor
425 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bodrum what to do in one day

The Castle is right by the Harbour. Walking distance. £10 lira each entrance.

As Kedi has said jump on the bus they are the best way to get around.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
146 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bodrum what to do in one day

Thanks Kedi Yavrusu, I was wondering what that reply was about. so the castle would be a definite and if we take a Dolmus to go to Bitez andGumusluk, are they both going in the same direction? Would it be easy getting transportation back . We could be off the ship by 9:30 and have to be back by 5pm. Are these fishing villages or is there anything special to see ther?

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Bitez
Bitez
Bodrum, Turkey
7. Re: Bodrum what to do in one day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City