We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gay Bars ?

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Gay Bars ?

Could anyone tell me the names of any decent gay bars in Bodrum please?

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
203 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gay Bars ?

There are a couple of gay bars/clubs in bar street. I cannot remember the name but there is one on the main drag, sea side of bar street but the beach end not the marina end. It is only a door on the street and you go upstairs to the bar/club. I will see if I can find out the name name for you.

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
203 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gay Bars ?

It is called Kivala. If you are walking from Bar Street you go past the Temple (club) and after the next corner beside a Turkish Delight shop there is a small doorway in to it. Its quite small inside but leads on to the beach. All Turkish music and normal drink prices.

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gay Bars ?

Thanks for that ...........friends are going I will let them know.

Istanbul, Turkey
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gay Bars ?

Kavalya is the name - it was quite a nice bar when it opened, but being the only one around the owners are now cashing in on drinks prices, which have tripled in only 2 years. So if you are happy to pay 15 to 20 Euro for a mediocre cocktail or 10 Euro for a coke go and see.

Because of the cost you tend to only now find the richer Turks, who seem happy with a waiter punter ratio of 2 to 1 and have a rather quaint view of what being gay is all about, perhaps more suited to the 1960's or 70's in more open societies.

Boyse

Istanbul, Turkey
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gay Bars ?

Kavalya is the name - it was quite a nice bar when it opened, but being the only one around the owners are now cashing in on drinks prices, which have tripled in only 2 years. So if you are happy to pay 15 to 20 Euro for a mediocre cocktail or 10 Euro for a coke go and see.

Because of the cost you tend to only now find the richer Turks, who seem happy with a waiter punter ratio of 2 to 1 and have a rather quaint view of what being gay is all about, perhaps more suited to the 1960's or 70's in more open societies.

Boyse

6. Re: Gay Bars ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 20:46
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City
Recent Conversations