We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noa Javelin Beach Hotel

brighton
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Noa Javelin Beach Hotel

Hi,

We've been looking at booking the Noa Javelin Beach Club in Bodrum (ortakent) but I can't find any reviews on the hotel at all so am reluctant to book until someone tells me it's ok! From my own research I gather the hotel used to be run by Sunsail. What I really want to know is is this hotel nice and is it in a good location - don't want a busy resort!

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,583 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Noa Javelin Beach Hotel

Ortakent definitely isn't a busy resort so you'll be fine in that regard - sorry can't comment on the hotel.

Jak xx

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,766 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Noa Javelin Beach Hotel

Wr stayed in Ortakent a couple of years ago..as Jakki says small quiet resort with easy access to Bodrum..Sorry I have not heard of that hotel...

WENDY

DORSET
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Noa Javelin Beach Hotel

Interesting I was just looking for reviews to. Might be worth emailing sunsail direct??

Leeds, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Noa Javelin Beach Hotel

We have just spent 10 days at the Noa Javelin Beach Hotel and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you are looking for a quiet resort, here you have it but the entertainments people laid on transport to the livelier resorts at night if you wanted to participate. Our teenage kids took advantage of this as and when they felt like it. Otherwise, they were happy to stay at the resort and play pool, or simply walk along the beach and have drinks at the bars in and around the hotel (along the beach).

There are plenty of beach/pool activities (e.g. beach volleyball, water polo, aqua arobics, kayaking, wind surfing) to pick and choose or simply chill out in the sun and take the occasional dip in the pool or the sea. You can take or leave whatever you like.

The staff were delighted to have an English family and couldn't do enough for us especially at meal times. The waiters had fun trying out their limited English and teaching us bits of Turkish but their attention was first class. They organised a birthday surprise one dinnertime for one of our teenagers. The food is varied though a bit bland. However there is plenty to choose from and even the fussiest eater should find something to eat at every mealtime. The freshly cooked meat or fish option each meal time is usually worth queuing for with their chips or wedges. Drinks including alcohol, are endless and free but avoid the wine as it's probably the worst around.

The hotel is situated in a bay with an ideal wind tunnel so there is a breeze every afternoon and evening. Sitting out on the massive cushions on the terrace in the evening for sunset and late into the night is cooling and refreshing.

The rooms are clean with fairly effective air con. The spa is worth a go for a Turkish bath and massage (if you can stand the pressure)! The gym equipment is outdoors and the staff are happy to give personal training/fitness advice while you chill out in front of a fabulous view of the bay.

Avoid being sold the excursions. As the hotel is so far from Bodrum the pickups are very early. We went to Ephesus and wished we hadn't. We had a 5.30 pick up and didn't get there till 12, which at the height of the sun made it almost unbearable to go around the site. We then didn't get back to the hotel till gone 9 that night as there were so many stops to visit this factory and that sweet centre! It would be worth getting public transport and hiring a local guide to go around either early morning or late afternoon (it's only a 2 hour journey without the endless tourist stops).

USA
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Noa Javelin Beach Hotel

This place is HORRIFIC! We stayed here in July 2012...the facility is DIRTY, the rooms are HORRIBLE, example, towels are old and stained....FOOD was even worse...everyone i spoke to there vacationing was not happy at all being there...my children got food poisoning at this facility...the pool is dirty....nothing absolutely nothing positive about this place. One thing, the bay it self where the hotel is located is nice.,..but thats about it...the manager of this place is worthless!

Shirley, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Noa Javelin Beach Hotel

My daughter and I were really disappointed with this hotel. No toilet paper on arrival. They ran out of basics for days, i.e. orange juice, white wine, tonic water. Food was basic and sometimes the hot dishes were lukewarm. Limited drinks on offer in the 'all inclusive' range. Room was dirty, bathroom was stained and rusty, surroundings were dirty and unkempt. Entertainment was bad. Was about an hour's journey from Bodrum so the resort is quite isolated. The spa really is the worst one I have ever been to. The towels were dirty, the floor was filthy and the technician was massaging me with one hand and texting with the other. Needs a good overhaul and the management need to do more to improve standards at what could be a nice hotel with more effort. Was more like a 2* hotel and should be graded correctly. Many unhappy English customers at this hotel.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Noa Javelin Beach Hotel

Don't waste your money. Awful,dirty and staff very rude!!

Sittingbourne...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Noa Javelin Beach Hotel

we have paid our deposit to go here and are wondering after reading the negative comments what has been done if anything to assure me im not wasting my money

brighton
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Noa Javelin Beach Hotel

Hi I was the person who originally posted this enquiry. To my better judgement we booked this hotel and lived to regret it! The location itself is lovely but the hotel can certainly not be classed as a 5 star. The rooms themselves are ok, but the bathrooms awful (the pictures have obviously been airbrushed) - dirty rusty and toilet a disgrace. The cleaning of the rooms is non existent - they don't even take empty glasses out of the room and the bed linen is dirty, with holes in it. The food is largely recycled and certainly not what you'd expect from a 5 star rating. The entertainment team are rude, cocky and clearly out to please themselves. I would only at a push rate this as a 3 star. I think you'd seriously be wasting your money and if you can change your booking I would. this is the link to the new review page -http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g298662-d505746-Reviews-NOA_HOTELS_Javelin_Beach_Club_Spa-Ortakent_Bodrum_Peninsula_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html

Edited: 07 October 2012, 20:19
10. Re: Noa Javelin Beach Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City