We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Bodrum to Rhodes: is it worth it?

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip from Bodrum to Rhodes: is it worth it?

Hi, Guys,

My father and I will be in Bodrum for 2 days. My father wants to do a day trip to Rhodes. I saw it takes 2 hours each way by ferry. On the other hand, I'm afraid we won't have enough time to visit Bodrum properly if we are there only for one day. What do we think? Is it worth to do the day trip to Rhodes?

Thanks a lot,

Maira

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,586 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from Bodrum to Rhodes: is it worth it?

... and not only does it take 2 hours, but there's a lot of faffing around with entry and exit formalities. If your father wanted to visit a Greek island from Bodrum, it would be quicker and cheaper to visit Kos .... again some waiting around.

In my opinion, it would be a shame to miss out on the lovely things to see in Bodrum and the whole of the peninsula for the sake of a quick trip to a Greek island.

Jak xx

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from Bodrum to Rhodes: is it worth it?

Thanks, Jak. I actually agree. I've been to Greek islands before (not Rhodes though), but he hasn't, so I understand he would like to do it. But I think we will enjoy more our time if we stay in Bodrum and surroundings this time. I'll use your arguments to try to move him out of this idea!

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,742 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip from Bodrum to Rhodes: is it worth it?

If you were there for a week or so I would say go for the Greek island trip but with only 2 days in Bodrum you would probably be best to give it a miss.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
33 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip from Bodrum to Rhodes: is it worth it?

I guess I'll do that, txs!

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip from Bodrum to Rhodes: is it worth it?

Jakki is correct, i went on a day trip to Kos, it was an ok place but not worth all the hassle, leaving at 7.30am and not getting back to after 8pm. The amount of queing,waiting and travelling probably took up 4hrs of the day, On reflection i should have gone for a day trip to somewhere else on the Bodrum Peninsula instead.

6. Re: Day trip from Bodrum to Rhodes: is it worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City
Recent Conversations