We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomas cook gulet blue cruise

Gateshead, United...
10 posts
Save Topic
thomas cook gulet blue cruise

Has anyone been on one of these cruises, what can i expect? I know they are basic but what is the food like i am very fussy, I read that they only provide one small towel do i need to take extra towels for use in the shower apart from beach towels, Do they stop at plenty place to get off and go for a drink.

sussex
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: thomas cook gulet blue cruise

great review , I too am an addict, there I have said it, 2006 Fethyie to Kas & back 1 week Thomas Cook

2008 as above + Fethyie - Marmaris

2009 Bodrum, English Harbour etc and

week 2 Bodrum,-kos- Symi

2010 week in hotel Marmaris

and 1 week Fethyie- Kas & back

2011 Marmaris-Selyime- Marmaris (Anatolian Sky)

2012 Kas-Fethyie 1 gullet ( Anatolian Sky)

and Fethye - Marmaris

2013 the same with Anatolian sky

All of the boats are different but similar, The CANCAYA 2 is the most luxurious but food is a highlight on all boats .......... could not possibly endure another one! For me the evenings in the bays are perfection, stars, sunsets, peace,dinner , drinks and conversation with no worry about getting back to a hotel .... and sleep and all too soon it is time for a pre breakfast swim in cool water

UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: thomas cook gulet blue cruise

Thanks for the review Martin B. It's the best I've found. After many years of wanting to do a gulet cruise, we've finally booked to go on our first, from Bodrum in June.

Can anyone tell me how TC allocate cabins? Is it a scrum to get the best one when you arrive. I'm a bit worried there won't be much choice when we get to the boat at about 11pm.

Thanks.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: thomas cook gulet blue cruise

Thank from us to, we are on the Cancata2 from 31st May 2014 for one week from Fethiye to Kas so these reviews have given us an excellent insight into what we might expect. Can anybody estimate the temperatures for us at this time of year, (sea temperature to, ice cold, bracing etc) is it wise to have something warm for the deck at night? What are the showers like on board, I would imagine we will all be using our showers at the same time, are they sufficient? Is there drinking water freely available. We often carry a few bars of chocolate with us, is there any access to a fridge if we need it.

Thanks

Desborough, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: thomas cook gulet blue cruise

You will have a great time.The water will be warm and clear,I would take a jumper/cardi just in case for the evening but I doubt you will need it.I never had a problem with the hot water supply though I wouldn't leave it till last-most people just drift off for a shower at different times.Drinking water is freely available,at a price.Only the crew have a fridge although there is a large coolbox for the drinks so you might be able to put your choccie in there. The food will be delicious!

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: thomas cook gulet blue cruise

i'm heading onto a blue cruise in mid august, i'll be arriving at the boat around 1 o'clock in the morning. are the crew ready to accept people on board at this time or would i have to wait a while?

many thanks in advance

Desborough, United...
Level Contributor
275 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: thomas cook gulet blue cruise

I arrived at Fethiye in the early hours of the morning,for my gullet cruise.The captain of the gullet was waiting with a rubber dinghy to take me out to the gullet,as bad weather had forced him to move the gullet from the pontoon out into the harbour.I was given the last cabin as I had arrived last.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: thomas cook gulet blue cruise

S M
Merseyside
Level Contributor
607 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: thomas cook gulet blue cruise

Great review Fred - thanks

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: thomas cook gulet blue cruise

Very basic, only one towel per week, food average hot water provided when the captain could be bothered bedding horrible didn't look like it was changed every week.The cruise was quite boring as only got off the boat three times in 7 days. We were looking forward to a lovely relaxing cruise were very disappointed the only saving grace were the lovely people with us on this cruise who all without exception were disappointed.would we book again, never

Australia
Level Contributor
129 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: thomas cook gulet blue cruise

Great review Martin B, you are spot on, I did 4 day gulet cruise from Fethiye in June and loved it so much that I'm planning on returning next year but this time I'd like to do 7 day from bodrum to the Greek islands.

I would like to know should I book in advance or are there many companies in bodrum offering the cruises that if I arrive two days prior would I get on one. All input will be greatly appreciated.

Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City
Recent Conversations