We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to see do eat between Bodrum and Ephesus

Lake Tahoe, NV
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Topic
Things to see do eat between Bodrum and Ephesus

My family and I will be making a day trip with a rental car out of a visit to Ephesus while in Bodrum. Does anyone have any suggestions on things to see, do, or eat between Bodrum and Selcuk that could break up the drive. I have 2 8 year old children and a short break from the 3 hour drive I'm certain would be appreciated.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to see do eat between Bodrum and Ephesus

Just after Milas,just over an hour into your journey you'll come to Lake Bafa and there are shore side restaurants serving fresh grilled fish.This would be a nice spot to let the kids get rid of some energy :)

BTW,it is only a little over 2 hours to Ephesus now with the new toll road.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to see do eat between Bodrum and Ephesus

Is the Milas-Soke road a toll road? I thought it was just a dual-carriageway.

Level Contributor
151 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to see do eat between Bodrum and Ephesus

Just bumping this up for more ideas as we are wanting to do this too by car hire. Thanks.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to see do eat between Bodrum and Ephesus

The Karina fish restaurant looks like a nice place for lunch, as well - www.karinabalik.com/index.php?c=menuler

blackpool
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to see do eat between Bodrum and Ephesus

About mid journey there is a cafe with a (museum?) of old steam engines you can climb all over.Before Bodrum airport was built and you flew into Izmir all the transfer coches used to stop there.Best part of the holiday for me!

John

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to see do eat between Bodrum and Ephesus

John, the Çamlık Outdoor Railway Museum is only 8km from Selcuk - trainsofturkey.com/w/…CamlikMuseum

blackpool
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to see do eat between Bodrum and Ephesus

Thanks for that.

John

8. Re: Things to see do eat between Bodrum and Ephesus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City
Recent Conversations