We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomsons.£48 for 1 suitcase!!!!

Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
749 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Thomsons.£48 for 1 suitcase!!!!

I have just booked flights with Thomsons to Bodrum from Exeter for October and what a racket charging £48 for 1 suitcase and £12 for credit card payment!!!

It does not seem long ago when you paid nothing for luggage unless you had excess.

I thought credit card charges were supposed to be reduced to more or less what the banks charge to process them.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,736 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomsons.£48 for 1 suitcase!!!!

£48 is outrageous! You're right it wasn't so long ago when you paid one price for everything and the flights were a lot cheaper then too...

I also thought they were not allowed to charge so much for credit card payements but they seem to still be doing it. I'm not sure how that works.

Edited: 09 May 2013, 09:42
Whitstable, United...
Level Contributor
4,309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomsons.£48 for 1 suitcase!!!!

My thomas cook flight to goa is an extra 52 pound per person for one bag. Also extra if you want a meal. It seems like all the charter airlines are doing this now.

Yaxley, Suffolk
Level Contributor
608 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomsons.£48 for 1 suitcase!!!!

It is a rip off but not as bad as Ryanair who charge £30 each way per checked in bag up to 15kgs. And they are supposed to be a budget airline? Yeah right !!

I really wish BA would start flying into some of the Turkish coastal airports like Antalya and Bodrum. They could easily make a big dent in all the budget and charter flight companies

Tintagel,Cornwall
Level Contributor
749 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomsons.£48 for 1 suitcase!!!!

Recently we flew to Majorca with Easyjet and paid I think about £30 for hold luggage but interestingly they have no weight limit for carry on luggage as long as you can lift it into the overhead compartment without assistance.

I think our hand luggage was as much as the hold luggage !!!!!

Shame they don't fly from Exeter as we have been very impressed with them all the times we have flown but perhaps we were just lucky.

Yaxley, Suffolk
Level Contributor
608 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomsons.£48 for 1 suitcase!!!!

Easyjet may not have a weight limit but they do have a size limit for hand luggage. However the size limit is not too bad and you can easily fit lots of things into a bag to save space & weight in the hold luggage. And I agree they are certainly the best out of the budget airlines and probably better than some of the charter ones as well.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,848 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomsons.£48 for 1 suitcase!!!!

hiya,

<<<I really wish BA would start flying into some of the Turkish coastal airports like Antalya and Bodrum.<<<

they used to fly to Antalya and Izmir but stopped service about 2 yrs ago..but you can stil sly BA to Istanbul and then a domestic flight to Antalya or Bodrum..I also wish they would come back..for antalya you can also use Easy jet and Monarch..also turkish airlines offers some great prices as well..and better luggage allowance

another thought from the UK there are also pegasus airlines flights available to antalya.

London, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomsons.£48 for 1 suitcase!!!!

Hi,

On a very similar note,we have booked our first trip to Majorca with Thompsons.

We decided to pay the outstanding amount on our holiday and was shocked to discover that they wanted to charge us £32 for using a credit card...!!!!.....

We rather quickly decided to use a debit card, instead!!!...

I tend to read everything,but I can imagine most people dont and would go ahead without realizing this extra cost they are paying.

Such high costs!!!

8. Re: Thomsons.£48 for 1 suitcase!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City