We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ephesus trip - does it include cave of seven sleepers?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
346 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Ephesus trip - does it include cave of seven sleepers?

Just wondering if the trip to Ephesus (thomson) includes other sites nearby such as the cave of the seven sleepers?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ephesus trip - does it include cave of seven sleepers?

No they don't.I have not ever come across any tours that include this site.They go just to Ephesus and that is that.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,658 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ephesus trip - does it include cave of seven sleepers?

When I last did the trip to Ephesus, the only option available was to visit the House of the Virgin Mary - you could either stay at the restaurant where lunch was taken or do the optional visit.

Jak xx

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,824 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ephesus trip - does it include cave of seven sleepers?

I don't think I have ever seen it on any of the tours either. I think if you want to see this site then it would be best to go to Ephesus on your own rather than as part of an organised tour.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ephesus trip - does it include cave of seven sleepers?

I agree,go yourselves.If there are a couple of you hire a car.It is an easy 2 hour drive on excellent roads.That way you can see Ephesus and also the other interesting sites around Selçuk which is in itself a lovely little town.

I should also mention that c.2 hours of the tour day is taken up at a gold centre and/or a carpet farm too.....

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
346 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ephesus trip - does it include cave of seven sleepers?

My husband is not keen on driving over there though.....would it be very expensive to hire a car and driver? I have found a site which offers personal tour guides but you have to meet them there. Happy to pay more to see what I want....do not want to visit any shops!

6. Re: Ephesus trip - does it include cave of seven sleepers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City