We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bodrum during bayram

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Topic
bodrum during bayram

hi

i intend to visit bodrum during the 12th to 18 of october , from what i understand the last 3 days are muslim holiday of bayram , does that mean bodrum would be a good time to visit ?

also reagarding the weather how would it be ? can i swim? or it would be chilly ? and the beach clubs do they open during october or it will be like a dead city?

thanks

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,532 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bodrum during bayram

Hi

Kurban bayram is from 14th - 18th Oct (bayram is the turkish word for festival). Intercity transport and roads are likely to be busy just before and after those dates and banks will be closed, but otherwise you're unlikely to notice anything in Bodrum.

The sea temps generally are good in Oct as is the weather normally. Don't know about beach clubs, I don't think there are any in Bodrum town itself, in fact there isn't really much of a beach at all, you need to go to one of the other towns on the peninsular for the better beaches.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bodrum during bayram

thanks dear for your reply

do you recommend i stay at the peninsular ? i'm afraid i will risk staying outside bodrum in the off season and there will be no people outside the city itself ? also the weather will not be good in october for swimming , thats why i'm thiking of staying in the city instead of the beaches outside ?

is that correct , or still the peninsular will be open during october ?

thanks

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,714 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bodrum during bayram

Some of the smaller resorts will be closing down around that time but you could stay in Gumbet or Turgutreis, things will still be open there and you will have a nice beach as Bodrum doesn't have much of a beach.

The sea will be lovely and warm that time of year and you should still get the weather to go to the beach.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bodrum during bayram

Thanks for the reply , regarding the night life activity.will the beach clubs restaurant will be open or i should head to bodrum city for night life that time

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,714 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bodrum during bayram

You can do both. It is only 10 minutes from Gumbet to Bodrum by bus.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: bodrum during bayram

thanks kedi , but at the end is it worth it to visit bodrum in general for the first time in october or i postpond it next year in july or august ?

thanks

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,714 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bodrum during bayram

I love Bodrum in October but it depends on what you are going for. If you are mainly going for the nightlife and the party atmosphere then July and August would proabably suit you better. However if you want to relax, have some good meals, do some sightseeing etc. then early October is nice, it is quiet compared to mid summer though.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: bodrum during bayram

relaxation is good but i'm afraid the water and weather wont be good for a swim?

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,714 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bodrum during bayram

Well, it can be unpredictable. It could be beautiful sunshine the whole time you are there, or it could be cool and you may get rain. The sea will be warn though whatever the weather is like but if it starts to cool down the swimming pools do get very cold.

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: bodrum during bayram

thanks dear , i will skip it to next year, what about izmir do you recommend it this time , atleast if its rainy i could enjoy the city and there is beach in the same time?

Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City