We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat from Bodrum to Kos

Croydon, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Boat from Bodrum to Kos

Hey there,

Travelling to Bodrum for a week on the 12th October. Would like to know if it's cheaper to buy a ticket online or in Bodrum either at the dock or through an agent?

I found this site with information and a good price as far as I'm aware http://www.bodrumferryboat.com/ is it safe to buy tickets from this site or will I get there and find I've paid for some paper?

Any help appreciated. I only wish to go for a one day trip.

Bodrum
Destination Expert
for Bodrum City
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat from Bodrum to Kos

The price should not change whether you buy your ticket from the ferryboat association, online, or though a local agent. I suggest you buy the ticket in Bodrum a day in advance so that you get the correct departure time and terminal.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat from Bodrum to Kos

Bodrum to Kos Boat Trip”

Reviewed 3 February 2014 NEW

Hi there, me and my partner have not been to Bodrum yet but are booked to fly out in June. We are looking to take the boat trip to Kos and was wondering if anyone had any recent information for us regarding this.

1. How much is it to get from Bodrum to Kos return?

2. Is there any hassle with entering the ferry? ( I have seen a few comments stating this.)

3. Once over in Kos we was hoping to spend the day in Kardamena. Does anyone know bus times ect from Kos town to Kardamena? This is the whole reason we wanted to ferry it over to Kos!

4. How long to you get to spend in Kos before getting back to the returning ferry back to Bodrum?

5. Is it worth the time and the money?

If it is worth the time and the money then we need to look into arranging getting into Kardamena once in Kos as if we can't then we won't be making the boat trip.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jay

Visited January 2014

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,600 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat from Bodrum to Kos

I'm not sure of the price this year ut I'm suer someone can tell you. We have never found any hassle getting on the ferry, we had a nightmare of a time coming over from Kos to Bodrum once but I think it was ebcause we were coming over on a Tuesday, which is market day in Bodrum and we were doing it in the morning. Most times it sin't so bad.

To be honest if you are only going for a day I would just get a taxi over to Kardamena, we have got a taxi from Kos town to Mastihari before as it was easier that waiting for the bus, we may even do it this year.

The ferry goes over about 10am and returns about 4pm so you have around 6 hours on the island.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,529 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat from Bodrum to Kos

We too are planning on a trip to Kos, also to Kalymnos, not sure if that is a different port though! think we will go early (Dolmus allowing) and get our tickets at port/s

Bodrum
Destination Expert
for Bodrum City
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat from Bodrum to Kos

Kalymnos is a different island to the north of Kos and the ferry leaves from Turgutreis, though the schedule also says there is a Bodrum departure: www.bodrumferryboat.com/en/calendar.asp Arrive an hour prior to departure if you will be buying your tickets the same day.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,529 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat from Bodrum to Kos

Many thanks scbc, will look into this x

7. Re: Boat from Bodrum to Kos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2015, 05:24
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City