We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby milk!h

London
Level Contributor
54 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Baby milk!h

Hi everyone!

We are staying in the moonshine apartments for a week on 15th May with our 17 month old daughter. She still has two bottles of full fat cows milk per day. She's never had formula and I don't want to change her on to it now just because I can take it with me for a weeks holiday!

In turkey can you buy full fat cows milk and does it taste the same as at home? Also does the packaging have a specific colour like here full fat is blue top? What's the word for full fat in turkish?

Really looking forward to our week away, keeping an eye on the weather forecast and hoping it will improve soon! It's been on and off stormy according to bbc weather!

Thanks everyone,

Tanya xxx

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,587 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby milk!h

The term for full fat in Turkish is Tam Tağli - you will often find in written in English as well. Just make sure that you buy milk (Süt) and not Ayran (a yoghurt drink). The milk may also have the words Taze Süt (fresh milk) or Günlük Süt (daily milk) written on it.

Jak xx

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baby milk!h

What is the difference on these 2 jak?

which is the better one?

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,758 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baby milk!h

They are both the same, just different names depending on the brand. The fresh milk tastes the same as at home but it doesn't last long so you will have to buy it every day or so to make sure you have it as fresh as possible.

You probably wont find it in the small local shops so you may have to go to a big supermarket to get it, like Tansas in Bodrum. You can also get your nappies and wipes there.

Where are you staying?

London
Level Contributor
54 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baby milk!h

Thank you so much for your replies! I will be making a note so the turkish phrases and hoping I can pronounce it ok haha.

We are staying at the moonshine apart hotel which I think is near bodrum city centre?

Xxx

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,758 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baby milk!h

Well if you are near the centre then Tansas will be the best place to get your milk.

Taze süt is pronounced tahzeh soot and Günlük Süt is goonlook soot. All with a long oo sound.

Or maybe just write it down ;)

London
Level Contributor
54 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baby milk!h

Thank you so much! :-) xx

Wirral, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Baby milk!h

Hi I will be staying at the parkim ayaz from the 26th July and was wondering where would be the closet supermarket to buy full fat milk, nappies and wipes? Also where and when is nearest market for bags, shoes etc?

Thank you

Helen

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,758 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baby milk!h

I answered on your other post Helen.

9. Re: Baby milk!h

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City
Recent Conversations