We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Bodrum from Torba

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
943 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Bodrum from Torba

Hi....We are planning our first ever trip to Turkey in September. We are considering the Izer Hotel in Torba, I am gathering from forum posts & research that Torba is very laid back & quiet which is fine, we are travelling as a couple so are mostly looking to chill. If we were to fancy a lively night out is it easy to get to Bodrum & back. I have read about the Dolomus but read somewhere they stop on an evening.

Can anyone advise on local bus services and Taxi costs from Torba to Bodrum ? We do fancy the idea of somewhere quiet but would like to be near some nightlife too.

I posted this in the Bodrum forum as the Torba forum seems fairly quiet.

Cheers :o)

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
521 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Bodrum from Torba

Torba is quiet and very laid back and not sure how much but a taxi to bodrum only takes 10mins and they are cheap, why not try a night in gumbet too thats about 15 mins away, enjoy torba :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Bodrum from Torba

There's multiple Dolmus's that run between Bodrum and Torba. Some only go as far as Torba, and others go onto Turkbuku.

For the Torba dolmus - There isn’t a bus station in Torba. Instead, the dolmuş service between Bodrum and Torba runs past the entrance to Torba’s Voyage Resort, before heading along the back roads parallel to Atatürk Caddesi. The dolmuş passes near the fishing boat harbour and onto the main road, before looping back towards Bodrum.

For the other dolmus that goes past Torba, you catch that one on the main road.

The buses will run into the evening... and the early hours of the morning. In peak summer months they run until about 5am... but in September they'll stop earlier. But they'll still run late into the evening, you'll just need to check because first and last buses vary by day and season.

There's also taxi ranks in Torba at both ends of the main road that runs along the bay. The main rank is outside of Voyage Torba. I'm not sure what the price is, but it's only a 10-15 minute drive, so shouldn't break the bank!

Here's a quick reference travel guide for Torba .. which give a layout of the area on the map, and some other key bits of information.

bodrumpeninsulatravelguide.co.uk/torba-quick…

Edited: 25 June 2014, 22:27
Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
943 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Bodrum from Torba

Thanks for your help, that has put my mind at rest that we wont be 'stuck' in a quiet place.

Most evenings a few drinks in the hotel while watching the world go by will do us, also read there a few quiet bars in Torba, we are going for 10 nights though so no doubt we will want a couple of nights where we want something a bit more lively and also a change from the hotel food. I didn't realise it was s close to Gumbet also.

Cheers :o)

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
943 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Bodrum from Torba

Thank you for the Link Jay A, that's useful.

East Fremantle...
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Bodrum from Torba

Hi, I'm in Torba at the moment and it's fantastic. Staying at the Olivia Hotel and as it's just re-opened for the season and we have it all to ourself. This hotel is basic accommodation and therefore cheap, but the rooms are clean and comfortable and the owners and staff very helpful and friendly. The pool, balcony and breakfast areas are excellent. The location is a 5 minute walk down the hill to the Voyage Hotel intersection (P.S. I have no affiliation with this hotel, just found it on booking.com)Dolmus to Bodrum otogar run every 20 minutes and cost 3TL pp each way. To get back to Torba just go back to where you got off the dolmus at the otogar. Plenty of restaurants and bars along the bay in Torba and prices are reasonable.

6. Re: Getting to Bodrum from Torba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City
Recent Conversations