We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stay in bodrum

Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
stay in bodrum

I've just returned from Turkey and absolutely loved it.

I didn't get to bodrum so I'm planning to go there next year. I'm planning the trip and airfares now so I need advice on the following.

What airport to fly into?

I'd love to do a gulet cruise starting in bodrum, so advice on gulet companies.

I like a 4 or 5 star hotel recommendations please.

I like being close to the sea so recommendations on an area to stay.

What are the must see and does while there .

How many days should I spend in bodrum.

Many thanks in advance.

Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stay in bodrum

Please will someone advice on the above

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
2 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stay in bodrum

you can take Turkish or Pegasus airlines.

Do not book anything from internet for Gulet's. Just go there see and talk :) first of all you will be sure that this is a existing company and you can always ask for better price.

For the hotel , would you like to stay centrum of Bodrum or could be a bit far ?

I guess you can find 5 star hotel between 100-200 $

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,420 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stay in bodrum

Fly into Bodrum airport. Bodrum itself hasn't really got a beach but there are plenty of other places on the peninsula with beaches and nowhere is very far from Bodrum by local dolmus. If you want the beach look at Bitez. A smaller laid back place. Gumbet has a beach but is quite a party place. Turgutreis is further from Bodrum town but a great place. Have a browse through the Bodrum forums and maybe ask your questions on the places that appeal to you :-)

Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stay in bodrum

Thanks UMUTMECI,I've never been to bodrum so I don't know which is a good area to stay, for instance is it better to stay in the centre and there nice beaches close by. Up to $200 per night is good.

I have more questions, how many days should I stay in bodrum?

What day trips can I take from bodrum, I'm not interested in ruins or museums, I like adventure.

What airport do I fly into.

Could I miss out if I don't book the gulet in advance.

Sorry for all the questions.

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,420 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: stay in bodrum

As I said fly into Bodrum (BJV). From there the Bodrum peninsula is about 30-40 minutes transfer depending whereabouts you're staying. You can arrange a gulet cruise at the harbour in Bodrum although there is a destination expert, sbc, for Bodrum who is very knowledgeable about these. I'm sure she'll be able to help and with Bodrum hotels.

Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: stay in bodrum

How do I contact sbc?

Are you I'll get a gulet at such short notice by going to the harbour?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: stay in bodrum

The airport is Milas-Bodrum ( BJV) and Bodrum is a peninsula with the main city / resort also called Bodrum. It is a small enough area and most resorts are less than an hour from the airport. All resorts are connected to Bodrum by dolmuş ( bus ) so it depends on where you want to stay. Why not book your flights if you are getting a good deal now and then take your time looking for accomadation and deciding exact location. You will get a gulet trip locally without booking so far in advance.

Try this guide for help and more information

www.bodrumpeninsulatravelguide.co.uk

Australia
Level Contributor
121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: stay in bodrum

Hi Irelandlovetotravel, what do you mean Bodrum is a peninsula with the main city/resort also called bodrum.

How much would a taxi cost from the airport or should I organise a shuttle.

I'm puzzled about the location to choose for the hotel. Should I stay in Bodrum or go to Gumbet for example.

sorry for all the questions, I do appreciate the help.

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
203 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: stay in bodrum

Bodrum Peninsula is the name of an area but there is also Bodrum Town itself. It can be confusing if you do not know this. The Bodrum Peninsula is surrounded by 32 islands and islets and forms a 174 km long coastline.

The Bodrum Peninsula is made up of many small towns/villages (Bardakci, Gumbet, Icmeler, Bitez, Aktur, Ortakent, Yalisi, Karaincir, Aspat, Bagla, Akyarlar, Turgutreis, Gumusluk, Yalikavak Guvercinlik, Torba, Golturkbuku and Gundogan) as well as Bodrum Town itself. All these places can be accessed by using the Dolmus at Bodrum Town and most are within 1 hour direct drive from the airport (using a transfer bus can be much longer depending on how many stops it does).

If you want to explore the Bodrum Peninsula personally I would stay in Bodrum Town and do day trips out to the places you want to visit using the Dolmus or taxi. All the towns/villages have their own different types of beaches (some sand and some shale). When you talk about a gulet cruise are you talking day trip or several days out on the water? If it is a day trip don't worry about booking your gulet way in advance. You can book it when you are there and sometimes as late as the evening before.

The Bodrum Peninsula is a fantastic area and I'm sure you will have a great time. You could spend 2 weeks there and still not get out to see all the different towns/villages and also do some of the day trips too.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
895 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: stay in bodrum

Superb explanation BlondzUK, I have never been to Turkey myself and didn't thoroughly understand the area, I kept reading all about these resorts being part of the Peninsular but wasn't exactly sure how big the entire area was, as it turns out its fairly big ;o) I kind of had an idea it would be a 50km or so stretch of land, turns out its 3 x that plus a bit more for good measure, lol.

That's a great explanation for a first timer, we are visiting for the first time in September, going to Torba, Really looking forward to it.

Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City