We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halikarya Hotel

Which Bitez hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Halikarya Hotel

Hi, just wondered if anyone had stayed at this hotel. I have checked the few reviews available but would like more information, particularly regarding the rooms, if it is possible.

Thanks

Norwich
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Halikarya Hotel

This hotel was the worst hotel I have ever seen in my life and shouldn't have even been open! The room we stayed in was disgusting, it had dirty sheets, sick down the toilet and a shower you couldn't even use! Our balcony was the dog’s toilet and the pool didn’t look like you wanted to wash your feet in it! We moved straight away after the rep said he was not going to help us, along with another couple and we also met a few other people that had moved a couple of days after. We did not get a refund and they did not want to help us, we ended up paying for 2 hotels!

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,497 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halikarya Hotel

İ'm not familiar with this hotel so can't comment on your reported condition.İ must ask though,after the rep said they would not move you,did you ask to speak to their superior in the main resort office?Before leaving did you take photographs to back up your claims?İf the condition was so bad then they really should of moved you.İf you have some proof then go to your travel agent and complain and if necessary contact ABTA to lodge a formal complaint.İf you're willing to go the round then you could take them to court to claim back your money for second hotel,but you will need to be able to prove that the hotel really was that bad.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
99 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halikarya Hotel

my sister in law stayed here in june for a week, she said the rooms were basic and had to change room when she got there because the room they gave her first the bathroom was pretty bad, but she stayed a week there on her own. You have to walk thro the divan restaurant (lovely restaurant and staff) to get to this hotel from the front. It is right on the beach by the mosque. I dont think she used the pool as been right on the beach. She said she would not stay there again but it was very cheap and you get what you pay for..Think mostly turkish people stay here as she was the only english person there that is why there are not many reviews. I will ring her later and see if she can add anything to this. But i dont think it was as bad as the earlier review or she would not have stayed the week. I am staying in the toloman hotelwhich we have stayed before, in august which is more expensive but as i said earlier you get what you pay for.

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halikarya Hotel

The Halikarya has now renamed itself "Blue Bay", in response to negative criticism. In fairness, it has been refurbished and it now looks a whole lot nicer than it did when I stayed there in 2008.

Still, it would not be my first choice for a place to stay in Bitez.

Bodrum
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Halikarya Hotel

Please try The Hotel Blue Bay. You will definetely change your mind. The Blue Bay is now very clean and has most delecious foods in town.

6. Re: Halikarya Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Bitez
Recent Conversations