We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eating out in bitez

cork
1 post
Save Topic
eating out in bitez

Just back from Bitez and had some great meals in Temple Bar. Ignore Tommy and eat in Sultan, food great. Also for more traditional food you cant beat The Istanbul, up near the mosque.

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eating out in bitez

Tommy is, underneath all the bravado, a nice person...

We had words with him when he worked in the Blue Moon a few years back but get past the 'hassler' attitude and you will find a thoroughly nice, intelligent person (who speaks numerous languages, fluently!).

The Sultan restuarant, in our opinion, is one of the best ones in Bitez. We were there last week, and will spend many evenings there next month.

Give it a try, you wont be dissapointed!

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eating out in bitez

I do agree that Sultan is a very good restaurant, I used to go there a lot when I stayed in Bitez a few years back. As for Tommy, he can seem a very nice person, unfortunately I have seen another side of him not nice at all but he is normally quite pleasant to most people on holiday.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eating out in bitez

The best place to eat is the Blue Moon.

Val runs it with her sister and the food is out of this world. The place is clean and the staff are great. You get no hastle walking by and nothing is too much bother.

Anyone who can must go!!

abercynon
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: eating out in bitez

Yes, I agree, one of the best places to eat is the Blue Moon. Great menu, great food, great service and very reasonable prices. It's our favorite place to go,and we recommended it to many people last year who took our advice. All of them thanked us and returned on more than one occasion. It will be our first port of call this year!

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eating out in bitez

Hi

What type of food is served at the Blue Moon and at

the Temple Bar?

Sultan, I assume serves Turkish meals????

Thanks

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: eating out in bitez

You will find The Blue Moon has changed hands this year...they ripped us off a few years ago so never went back!!!

Sultan does superb food.. that will our first port of call at the end of the month (3rd visit so far this year)

Also must mention "The Lavas "...half the price of most places and wonderful food. Mustava who runs it has also taken over the pharmacy on the front and was busy ripping it apart last month so he could open a new place as soon as possible.

The Temple Bar is the Manuela Hotel.

Ali is back at "The Pagona" this year they do a great all day breakfast.

If you visit Gumbet (hate the place) you should try the Saray Zetas very good cheap food and they will give you a lift home.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: eating out in bitez

Just back from Bitez. Didnt venture into Temple Bar as last time we were there they tried to overcharge us on our first night.

We found Vona, New Season & The Golden Spoon excellent for food. Waiters are lovely, excellent selection to choose from and food is top quality.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: eating out in bitez

I expect it was when Tommy was working at Blue Moon that you got ripped off ;-)

I agree that Seray Zetas is very good, it is probably one of the best restaurants around Bodrum, very popular with Turkish people.

scotland
Level Contributor
246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: eating out in bitez

We enjoyed the blue moon..... Pagoda was lovely also & the next one up from blue moon across from the meis I 4get the name of it?(fab steaks) All 3 of these I rated & staff very friendly & quality of food was really good :-)

10. Re: eating out in bitez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Bitez
Recent Conversations