We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do and see in bitez/Bodrum

manchester
Level Contributor
120 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do and see in bitez/Bodrum

we are a family of four travelling to Bitez in 3 weeks time and would be grateful for any advice on things to do and see, we would like to do a boat trip- any recommendations please, also how far is the aquapark? we usually stay in Hisaronu but although we love it there fancied a change, thankyou for any help/advice.

Uk
Level Contributor
28 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do and see in bitez/Bodrum

Water park is about 20 minutes away and is very good although you will have to queue. Boat trips are good and cost about £10 each with lunch inlcuded. We booked from OTAN tours next to mayflower, their boat from bitez is good as is a smal gullet for about 12 people, beware the one from Gumbet is a much bgger boat with loud music

Edited: 21 July 2012, 22:53
Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,586 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do and see in bitez/Bodrum

If you get the dolmus into Bodrum, you can visit the castle - even kids tend to have a good time there (you get a great view of the area from the castle walls - beware it's closed on Mondays).

Jak xx

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do and see in bitez/Bodrum

You could visit Turgutries on a Saturday and visit their weekly market?

A day at Gumusluk ?

A visit to the resort next door Gumbet.?

Or you could jump on the dolmus in Bodrum and visit any of the places on

the pininsula that tickles your fancy. :-))

http://www.bodrumpeninsulaguide.com

(That is if you can bear to drag yourself off the comfy sun-beds on the beach) ;-))

(That is if you can bear to drag yourself off a comfy bed on the beach) ;-))

manchester
Level Contributor
120 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do and see in bitez/Bodrum

Thanks for the replies they are brill, very useful,

will deff do a couple of trips, thanks for the tip re: boat trip we dont want anything too noisy, like to chill out, 3 weeks and counting :)

manchester
Level Contributor
120 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do and see in bitez/Bodrum

I found the bodrum peninsula link very useful, thanks beautifulbitez.

Bham
Level Contributor
117 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do and see in bitez/Bodrum

We found last year that if you book all of your trips together at the same agent you could get a decent price, I just went to the main three and booked with whoever gave me the best deal, for us it was the travel agent next to the mosque, nice guys very helpful and changed our date for the Dalyan trip at short notice when my wife didnt feel very well with no fuss at all.

The waterpark is a good day out, and cheaper to book through an agent than direct yourself, picked up from Bitez in the morning and dropped back late afternoon.

Boat trips are numerous and very cheap.

Didnt think much of Turgetries market, had to go to a gold factory on the way back.

Dalyan trip is a long day but well worth it, even our three kids had a good time.

The castle has amazing views, and Bodrum is a great place to just wander around.

We had one night out in Gumbet for a change of scenery, got picked up at our hotel by a restaurant, then after our meal we went for a couple of drinks elswhere and the restaurant paid our taxi back, I'm sorry I cant remember the name, it was something Royal and they did a really good curry.

Then theres the Dolmus, just jump on and go anywhere you like for a couple of quid, great fun and nothing to lose.

Our children were 12, 10 and 8 last year, and we had a real laugh.

I'm sure you'll love it.

manchester
Level Contributor
120 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do and see in bitez/Bodrum

Thanks thats really helpful, thats what we usually do in Hisaronu book a few through the same operator and get a discount- we have done the Daylan trip and mud baths which we thoroughly enjoyed.

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Things to do and see in bitez/Bodrum

If you do decide to visit Turgetries market don't do it through an agency go on the dolmus and spend the day there.

manchester
Level Contributor
120 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Things to do and see in bitez/Bodrum

Will do thanks

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,366 posts