We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queens apartments in Bitez in August

Tunbridge Wells
3 posts
Save Topic
Queens apartments in Bitez in August

Looking at booking last week in August, first week in September at Queens apts and have a few questions.......

How steep is the hill ? (we are 4 fairly fit adults)

Are there plenty of shops (wife and 2 daughters) and a bar for me ?

We have been to Olu Deniz for the last 2 years and loved it but felt we should try some where new......does Bitez compare ?

What does the jeep safari cost and is it worth doing ?

Any advice gratefully recieved

Thanks

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,586 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Queens apartments in Bitez in August

I am sure you would manage the hill okay - you will be aware how hot it will be but just take the hill steadily and it shouldn't be too bad.

As for shops, there's not a lot in Bitez (there's some for a short stroll round but not for a serious retail therapy session) but your wife and daughters can always catch the dolmus into Bodrum (about 15 minutes tops away) for all the shops they could want.

Bitez is a lovely place - got a lovely beach front with loads of restaurants. I am sure you will find a comfy bar to while away the time while the rest of your family is spending your money in the shops :-)

I don't know the price of the jeep safari but would recommend it - it's great fun and takes you to parts of the Bodrum peninsula that you wouldn't visit on your own.

Jak xx

Lichfield
Level Contributor
40 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Queens apartments in Bitez in August

Hi Glen,

I've been travelling to Turkey for nearly 30 years and after staying in Bitez this year, I can honestly say it is my favourite place. We stayed in Ölü Deniz 2 years ago and Kalkan last year, both were lovely but Bitez and the Meis apartments where we stayed simply blew them both away.

It is a small resort and very relaxed, lovely beach full of cushions, loungers, even hammocks.

Try the Siesta boat trip - best we have ever been on, it's a small boat with a maximum of 12 passengers, no loud music, fantastic freshly cooked food and drinks are very reasonably priced. You even get afternoon tea and cake. Captain Zarif is lovely and we made some lovely friends who we hope to see next year when we return. I will post a link to their Facebook page when I get on my laptop. I booked before we flew out to Turkey via their page and paid on the day.

There are only a few shops compared to Bodrum but you can get pretty much everything. Bags, clothing, jewellery, there are some small supermarkets too that sell everything you need if you want to cook - not that we did as the restaurants are lovely and plentiful.

We plan on hiring a car next year for a few days so we can explore the peninsular a bit more. It has been over 20 years since I had been to the Bodrum area and I now want to see how the other villages have changed.

If you do fancy some more lively night life there in always Gumbet just up the road .

I'm sure you will love Bitez

Tunbridge Wells
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Queens apartments in Bitez in August

Thanks Julia,

I really liked the look of the Meis, but are struggling to find availability ! any other recomendations ?

Thanks

Lichfield
Level Contributor
40 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Queens apartments in Bitez in August

Hi,

The Meis books up very quickly. We booked for next year last August. You could try contacting them directly for any availability:-

http://www.meisapart.com/iletisim_eng.html

They were very fast at responding when I emailed them directly to request a ground floor apartment due to my husband having recently broken his leg.

I have only stayed at the Meis and having stayed there before I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else now but of course i'm sure other apartments are lovely :-)

I also mentioned the Siesta boat trip and now I have my lap top I have found the link:-

www.facebook.com/siestabitez?fref=ts

I'm sure you will have a lovely time in Bitez. We will be there from the 5th August for 2 weeks and can't wait.

Edited: 29 December 2012, 13:04
britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Queens apartments in Bitez in August

Glen if you do decide on Queens Apartments (they are up a steepish hill) you will find that the majority of restaurants will give you a lift home to save the hike.

If you want to be really lazy (like us) we have a BIG hill to negotiate and often get a taxi back even though it is only a small walk. ;-)

Wow Julia you must have noticed a differance in Bodrum last year after a 20 year absence..! It has changed sooooo much over the years where did you stay then?

Lichfield
Level Contributor
40 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Queens apartments in Bitez in August

I actually stayed at the Kactus Motel in Ortakent in 1984 - It was the only place there at the time and had about 10 very basic rooms rooms I think.I woke up every morning to a camel train passing by my room. I still have photos of Bitez from then as well as Bodrum and Ortakent :-) I was travelling solo back then and had such a great time i've been going back to Turkey ever since (with a few forays elsewhere from time to time just to compare).

Turkey certainly has changed enormously in the time i've been visiting and i've been to most places but Bitez is the closest i've found to the older Turkey that I knew all those years ago but with the advantage of having enough life to satisfy my 13 year old daughter. :-)

Roll on August 2013 :-)

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Queens apartments in Bitez in August

Think it was 85 our first visit to Bodrum and the peninsula has changed an awful lot since then so you must have noticed the change after your last visit!

Bitez is a very special place ;-) that is why it the same people return year after year.

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,780 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Queens apartments in Bitez in August

Queen gets some good write ups,yes it is a steep hill but if you are quite fit it should not be a problem except for the heat.The bonus is the view from the resteraunt terrace.Theshoping in Bitez is low key but is fine for a wonder around,you can buy gold,silver,bags shoes ect.There are some nice craft shops and a fashion shop a little further from the centre on the front.Some nice bars and resteraunts.We always like a look at the shops in Bodrum especially on the far side of the castle in the lanes.From Bodrum you can travel around the peninsula by dolmus.some lovely places to see.It is different than O.D.but oh so nice.

9. Re: Queens apartments in Bitez in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2014, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Bitez
Recent Conversations