We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who's Next.?

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Who's Next.?

38 sleeps for us. :-)

glasgow
Level Contributor
264 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who's Next.?

I've got nothing booked yet!!

Thinking maybe May? Or June? I'm not used to waiting so long, im normally there every 6-8 weeks. But work is a nightmare at the minute so trying to keep the ward staffed is taking priority :(

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Who's Next.?

36 days till i am back at summer gardens in bitez looking forward to seeing everyone never been in may before hope we have good weather dont no what to pack

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
285 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who's Next.?

We have been early June before and apart from one day when the heavens opened, it was lovely, just take a wrap or cardi as it can feel a bit cool in the evenings when you have been in the lovely sun all day.....jealous!!! have to wait until September this year but know that the wait will be worth it !

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Who's Next.?

Hi all you Bitez lovers!

We went last year at end of April and although there may be some showery/overcast days it 's a great time to go - Bitez is just waking up for the season and everyone is so pleased to see you. Can't wait for the slower pace of life with coffees on the beach, the lovely food and a few glasses of vino! We always take a fleece and some long trousers as it can be a bit chilly in the evenings but after the winter we've had we don't worry about the weather over there. Just 4 weeks to go! :)

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who's Next.?

We love May it is a super month to visit and as wanda said everyone is pleased to see you. They have so much more time to chat to you as it is still very quiet and they are not very busy.

The only down side to May is that the sea is still very cold. Only the brave swim in it early May..!

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who's Next.?

May 30th for me for me for 10 glorious days. This is a scouting mission for the main holiday in September when we bring the family. First time we have gone AI and we are staying at the Bitez Garden Life and as long as the food was the same standard as the Manuela last year I will be chuffed to bits (Very Turkish and great mezes and salads) I will write my report on my return.

Really looking forward to dinghy sailing, Gumusluk, walking to aquarium bay, Bodrum Castle, a bit of fishing a little Efes, some great food and a boat trip with Liz and Ahmet.

Jane likes the pool and a book and I like to get around so if anyone knows of some good walks or cycle rides I would be happy to hear from you.

Albert

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who's Next.?

Chapel Walk is a good hike it takes you along river beds to Bitez village.

You could also walk around to Aktur and have a browse around there.

If you hired a bike (opposite Kassandra) it would be nice to have a look around all the back roads in the village lovely tiny Turkish places and beautilful country lanes.

We intend doing the aquarium bay walk in August my son really wants to do it. Do you take your rods with you Albert ? Son wants to fish also. Ahmet has all the fishing gear on his boat so might have a word with him.

We also intend on doing the village breakfast this year but need to book before we go ...heard so much about it but never got arund to it..!

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Who's Next.?

Hi BB

Started Chapel walk last year an turned back because we were wearing sandals and you really need sturdier shoes so I will complete it this year,

I do take a small fishing rod with me and have a dabble. The rod can be taken apart so it fits in the suitcase. There are some good looking fishing spots on the path to aquarium bay. This year I am going to take some sea fishing floats with me an give that a go. There is a chap who stands around Baddogs and catches mullet all day using bread for bait and a handline so you don't need a rod really.

Haven't found a good fishing trip yet so if anyone knows of one please let me know. Did Kingfisher out of Torba last year and didn't rate it.

I have booked Ahmet's boat for a private trip in September and I am sure we can sneak in a bit of fishing while the girls are doing what girls do when the sun is shining.

Not been around to Aktur so that's an option.

Pray tell, what's the village breakfast?

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Who's Next.?

Albert, they used to give out maps of the bay with some walks on. I'm sure we still have a copy. If I can find it I will pm you and see if I can send you a scanned copy. As for bike rides there was a cycle hire unit on the beach last year I'm sure they will have some planned routes,

Kip

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Who's Next.?

It is called **Havva Breakfast Garden** Albert set in a village just outside of Yalikavak .... link.......

www.hurriyetdailynews.com/default.aspx…

An old link because it is 22.50 this year for breakfast ..... facebook it for more information. It is supposed to be amazing but you do need to book because it is so popular.

Get answers to your questions about Bitez
Recent Conversations