We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must Be Neally That Time.?

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Must Be Neally That Time.?

That the body is going to be exposed to all and sundry very soon... well maybe not all? just Bitez dwellers (and it's not a pretty sight ;-)

I have just exfoliated for the first time this year (I use the gloves) me tootsies have been extra pummiced and I have made my first appointment ot the year to have "the forest" removed (waxed) from my legs so the jollies are almost right around the corner whoop whoop..!

Now the question is ladies am I the only one person who is not a lover of "Turkish Baths"..? I find it all rather a daunting experience although I adore the hot oil massage at the end and LOVE the freshness of it all ....but I would much prefer to exfoliate before i go away. ;-)

Edited: 19 April 2013, 20:29
London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,764 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must Be Neally That Time.?

I have only ever been to the Turkish bath once but I really enjoyed it. I must go back one day :)

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,590 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must Be Neally That Time.?

I love a Turkish bath - feel so squeaky clean and smooth after it :-)

Jak xx

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,829 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must Be Neally That Time.?

After all the years of visiting Turkey I am still too embarassed to have a Turkish bath,love the idea but get in a cold sweat when it comes to booking one.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,590 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must Be Neally That Time.?

Go for it Turk0file, you'll love it. No need to worry, the guys doing it have seen everything and more ... and the great feeling after it far outweighs any worry you may have!

Jak xx

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Must Be Neally That Time.?

Mmmmmm Turkish Bath. That's something I have never tried. I was put off by a friend, who spoke Turkish, told me that they went for the treatment and the chap doing the scrub was muttering under his breath "Dirty English B------ds"

I like the face shave, head massage and the funny bit when the set your ears on fire. My mrs like to watch that bit.

Anyway, I have lost 4st since I visited Bitez last year. I now have the body of a younger man, pity about the face though, not much I can do about that.

39 days to go Ooooooooo (hopping from one foot to the other)

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Must Be Neally That Time.?

A warning!!!!!!! Please see post above.

I cannot be held responsible for people using the flaming ears technique to exfoliate any other part of the body.

Ta

Weston-super-Mare...
Level Contributor
156 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Must Be Neally That Time.?

i mus say i would not have one again, 4 years ago had one in gumbet and i was actually called a dirty english girl, he said it whilst laughing but made me uncomfortable, and this is because he did get dead skin from shoulders ( perfectly normal seeing as i had not exfoliated myself} so alas my first turkish bath experience was spoiled, putting me off from having another

helen

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Must Be Neally That Time.?

Albert you do make me laugh. :-)

They would have been calling me a dirty English "B" had they had seen my bath water last night. lol and it facinates me watching the barber .....son and hubby love all the treatment. You need to ask them to thread your eyebrows as well next time (might make ya face look a bit younger Albert LOL LOL. ;-) well done on your weight loss..!

I think they all must do that Helen said it to us.

Nope Turkish baths as I said are not for me.

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
285 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Must Be Neally That Time.?

No not for me either Bootiful, same as you I like the DIY method myself, have a great time and I look forward to reading your report on what is going on in lovely Bitez.

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Must Be Neally That Time.?

Still two weeks to go. :(

But hey First Stop have put a fantastic sign outside and I bettcha it is going to be the TOP and one of the most popular place to have your photo taken by in Bitez this season. I defy any one not to if they eat there ..!

(or even pass by)

Looks F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C. on here impressed me can you tell..?

Get answers to your questions about Bitez
Recent Conversations