We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mosquitos

Sunderland...
Level Contributor
163 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
mosquitos

Hi evryone im off to meis appartments end of june could you tell me what the mosquito situation is like in bitez, they never bother me but seem to be waiting on the runway for my husband getting off the plane every summer but never been to turkey before but have heard they can be quiet bad. Thanks

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: mosquitos

I like you never seem to get bothered by them. My partner does get the odd bite but nothing major. We have stayed at the Meis a few times and never had an issue in the rooms most of the bites occour out and about. Get some of the local sprays as they seem much better than the stuff over here. Someone will know what its called but its sold everywhere.

You have picked a great resort and top place to stay for your first visit to Turkey.

Edited: 05 April 2014, 09:47
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
4,953 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mosquitos

I am a mosquito magnet. I normally stay right on a beach-front, as the breeze buffers me a little from the little blighters - as well as taking every other precaution known to man!

However, when we stayed in Bitez, we stayed back from the beach-front location, surrounded by lush garden, and I must admit I was a bit nervous. Glad to say that I only got bitten a couple of times :-)

Worth buying a can of Raid when you get there, and spray the rooms before you go out on an evening. I also by local mosquito coils (and citronella candles if I can find them locally, you can get the tea-lights in the UK) and burn on the balcony.

I might add, that on the advice of my GP, as I react badly to bites, I start taking antihistamines the day before my holiday, to ensure less reaction when I do get bitten, and use extra-strength DEET spray to ward them off.

Enjoy :-)

Edited: 05 April 2014, 13:35
Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
289 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mosquitos

We don't seem to have any trouble, always put the antibite jungle formular roll-on before leaving the apartment in the evening and use the plug-in liquid in our room, seems to work for us!!!

Sunderland...
Level Contributor
163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mosquitos

Thanks for advise think the alcohol in my blood must keep them off me ha ha, heard do many good reports about meis and turkey we starting to really look forward to it

Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mosquitos

Hi

Deffo second the lemon spray that is available in the resort. In the Meis there are the mesh covers on the main windows which is a plus too. I take garlic tablets too starting about a month before we go.... I used to be eaten alive but the nice turkish mozzies don't seem to bother with me! Thank God!

Sunderland...
Level Contributor
163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mosquitos

Thanks samuisummer he will prob try everything, seems like a lot of people on here been to meis they get very good comments every time

Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mosquitos

They are amazing apartments.. You will have a fab time...we are heading in July and it will be our fourth year at the Meis and hopefully not our last!

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
289 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mosquitos

You will have a great time in Bitez, we have been going every year since we visited 12years ago!!! can't imagine not going for our yearly fix, enjoy!

Sunderland...
Level Contributor
163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: mosquitos

Thats great samuisummer and sanniel maybe we will see you there we dont come home till 8th of july(celebrating my 50th on the 5th) and my husbands birthday on the 6th july so really looking forward to it

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: mosquitos

Get yourself a bottle of Austrailian T Tree lotion, mozzies dont like it, tip for room, cut a lime in half and stick cloves in them, mozzies hate the smell....

Get answers to your questions about Bitez
Recent Conversations