We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wheelchairs

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
wheelchairs

We have visited Bitez many times but my husband now has mobility problems, does anyone know if a wheelchair could be rented in the resort?

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,863 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wheelchairs

Izgi,no afraid not,May be from the hospital or somewhere in Gumbet.If he has his own chair it is quite easy to book onto you plane.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wheelchairs

Now there is a marketing oppurtunity for someone to open a business, renting wheelchairs, scooters etc.

Izgi,

I would contact your airline and ask, possible that you could hire one in the uk and take it with you, also dont think you would have to pay airline additional as it is for a disabled person

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wheelchairs

Izgi,

I done a little search and came up with this:

http://www.wheelchairhire.org.uk

forrmobility.co.uk/Products/ReconUsedHire/Hi…

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,863 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wheelchairs

Firstly airlines are obliged to help the disabled so do take wheelchairs.The only problem is mobility scooters which are limited as to how many they can carry.There is no charge for this.

As to hireing a chair here and taking it with you,this can be expensive.I looked into it a couple of years ago.You can sometimes borrow for a small fee from Red Cross or other local organisations.

As to local business,the guy who used to sell the trips from Manuela was going to start hireing out chairs etc.but he never got going.

You may find somewhere in Bodrum or Gumbet that hire out.

A couple of years ago there was no one hireing chairs and scooters in Dalyan,now there are a couple of people hireing them.so it may happen in Bitez soon.

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wheelchairs

Think he still works at Manuela his name is Ersun.

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,863 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wheelchairs

B.B.I think your off to Bitez soon,so I hope you have a very good time.Let us know all the news when you get back.Who is where and of course what happened with Almera,s move? :-)

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wheelchairs

Off on Tuesday turk0file nothing is official yet.

I do know there will be lots of changes this year.

First Stop gone. Magnara gone Red Dragon gone and the owner of Toloman has taken over Vona.

Heard there was a place called Aqua opening? not sure about that?

I will report back to duty when I get home with any news.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wheelchairs

Have a brill time Bootiful!

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wheelchairs

Thank you sunbabe,

10. Re: wheelchairs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Bitez
Recent Conversations