We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recycle to help stray animals

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Recycle to help stray animals

Hi all

there is a new collection point in Bitez just past the cashpoints opposite Bitez jewellery shop. Basically you feed your used water bottles or cans into the top and a small amount of dried food and fresh water is dispensed into a tray at the bottom. This has been installed by the local animal lovers to help feed the stray animals in the area. It's a great idea so please support it if you can.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recycle to help stray animals

Hi thats seems to be a great idea we will be there in july so will be looking out for it

Level Contributor
168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recycle to help stray animals

Great idea do you know if it takes glass bottles as well (efes)

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recycle to help stray animals

We will look out for this!also buy some dried food for the cats!

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recycle to help stray animals

This was helped installed I think by Mandy (bag shop opposite Black Cat) and Liz who does the boat trips (Toloman Hotel) We drop our clothes ext off at these points which they sell at the local fairs.

Every little helps so if you have books or anything that you don't want I'm sure the animals would love you for it.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recycle to help stray animals

Hi BB,

The cat shelter in Costa Teguise, Lanzarote, collects beach towels from guests as well, this helps with bedding etc for the animals, if towels are new, they may sell at their fayres, i am sure any donations would be welcome too, clothing, books, cat food etc

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Recycle to help stray animals

Hi

Just spoken to Liz (we are staying at her cottage) The unit doesn't take glass just plastic bottles and cans. She will welcome any saleable items which can be left for her at the Toloman bar on the beach. The money raised goes towards vets bills and rehoming the stray cats and dogs.

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,906 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recycle to help stray animals

My yearly reminder to pass on books,towels or any thing you don't want to take home has come a bit late this year but I,m glad others are passing on the good word.Liz is glad to accept anything that can be sold or used for the animals.I f you have nothing cash is always a good idea.If you go on Liz & Ahmed's boat trip you can pass stuff on when you are picked up/ dropped off.

Level Contributor
168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recycle to help stray animals

Thanks Wanda that's a shame we accumulate a lot of bottles over the weeks were here might take some cat biscuits though as the strays in konacik seem to prefer our BBQ food to dry cat food

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
521 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recycle to help stray animals

We will look out for this when were there , good idea :-)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recycle to help stray animals

We have quite a collection of plastic bottles here. Searched for the recyle point yesterday and today but cannot find it which is driving us crazy. Does anybody know if it's no longer here?

Get answers to your questions about Bitez
Recent Conversations