We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walks/hikes secluded beaches

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Walks/hikes secluded beaches

Hi ,

We are going to Bitez next Thursday, we love going off the beaten track, we are looking to for some nice walks, to different beaches that are a bit more secluded, or we would love to find some countryside hills to walk up.

All suggestions would be great : )

Thanks x

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Walks/hikes secluded beaches

Have a look on here, loads of great info,

bodrumpeninsulatravelguide.co.uk/tag/beach/

Some other threads on here (TA) about local walks the main one being up to the village.

Edited: 01 July 2014, 18:36
London, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walks/hikes secluded beaches

Hi... lot's of lovely walks around Bitez, so you can get off the beaten track without going too far:

Here's a video of some "secret" beaches past Bitez Harbour:

bodrumpeninsulatravelguide.co.uk/5-fabulous-…

You'll pass these on the way to Aquarium Cove.

Aquarium Cove is only reachable by boat and on foot, so a good place to walk too, to get away from the hustle and bustle of the beach area, here's a couple of articles, one about the hike, and one with photos of this area.

bodrumpeninsulatravelguide.co.uk/bitez-hike-…

bodrumpeninsulatravelguide.co.uk/aquarium-co…

Another local walk I like is through the back lanes between the beach and Bitez village. You can walk via the derelict chapel, and then continue up to the village. Shady and calm walk.

This article has some information about the chapel walk.

bodrumpeninsulatravelguide.co.uk/exploring-b…

There's some lovely little walks around Gumusluk too, easy to do and then head to the harbour area for a drink or something to eat.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walks/hikes secluded beaches

Hi, Thank you very much for your contribution. I had found all that information, I was hoping to get some more, when ?I talk about walking up hills ?I mean a bit more further afield and out in the country ... For example from some pictures you can see hills / mountains and I want to walk to the top of them !

Thanks xx

blackpool
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walks/hikes secluded beaches

Pedesa is a great walk,doing it tomorrow and walk down into Torba.3/4 hours taking it easy,there are some links on tripadvisor or ask the locals.If you google it some good links will come up and if you have google maps on your phone it will show you where you are.

Can,t post the links on my phone as I am useless with it.

John

blackpool
Level Contributor
107 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walks/hikes secluded beaches

Pedesa is a great walk,doing it tomorrow and walk down into Torba.3/4 hours taking it easy,there are some links on tripadvisor or ask the locals.If you google it some good links will come up and if you have google maps on your phone it will show you where you are.

Can,t post the links on my phone as I am useless with it.

John

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,834 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walks/hikes secluded beaches

How about a walk over the hill to Ortakent,you will pass some nice little beaches on the way.

london
Level Contributor
103 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walks/hikes secluded beaches

That hill is a steep one Turkofile but the view from the top of it makes it worthwhile :)

8. Re: Walks/hikes secluded beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Bitez
Recent Conversations