We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karia travel

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,732 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Karia travel

Has anyone had a problem booking a transfer with Karia this year?I can't get on the site and if I try Bodrum transfers it comes up as Economic travel.

east lothian...
Level Contributor
187 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Karia travel

Hi Booked 3 separate transfers for ourselves and friend in June and had no problem at all. Excellent, clean vehicles and collected 15 mins before booking time. Would highly recommend.

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Karia travel

I booked a return trip with them earlier this month. They sent us a confirmation email afterwards but when we reached Bodrum airport, there was no driver to be seen. Someone from another travel agency kindly called Karia for us because the phone number they provided on the confirmation didn't work. Karia says someone was coming but he never did. We ended up taking a taxi one hour after the agreed meeting time. No one tried to contact us after that day. On the departure day, a driver apparently tried to pick us up from our hotel half an hour after the agreed pick up time but we didn't expect them to come at all and we were already on our way.

Long story short, do not book with them.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Karia travel

I have had big issues with them. Booked end of June no problem but then noticed my collection time was wrong so tried to get hold of them. Website didn't work, numbers I had didn't work when I did speak to someone they said they were having problems with their website and gave me a totally different gmail account to send my information too and still have heard nothing . I foolishly paid via PayPal as didn't want the hassle of paying on the day but I have now opened a dispute. PayPal gave me a number they had for their customer service and it just rings out. Every email I also have sent asking them to urgently confirm doesn't get answered so I am keeping my dispute and booking alternative arrangements as don't want to be stranded with my young family. If they are a good company then it is a pity but as July/August is peak holiday season I would have expected better service.

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,256 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Karia travel

Given the issues that people have been having with Karia Travel this last couple of months, and the fact that any enquiry for Bodrum Transfers (a previous trading name of Karia Travel) arrives at Ekomomik Transfer, I decided to look elsewhere for our September transfer to Gumusluk.

I have now booked with http://www.suntransfers.com/ They are competitively priced, although they require payment in Euros when booking. There are masses of positive online reviews for them.

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,732 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Karia travel

Oh dear, always been satisfied with Karia but having booked under their new name of economic and reading these posts I am a bit worried.

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,256 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Karia travel

@turkofile

Take a look at this recent thread on the Turgutreis Forum: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298664-i3920-k7…

In particular, take a look at Post #7

Edited: 30 July 2014, 19:15
Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,732 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Karia travel

Thanke Andrew,think I will look elsewhere.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Karia travel

In the same boat here. Was planning to book the transfer this week but having read some of the recent reports I have also been put off.

Other than Andrew T's link to suntransfers (which look the best to me so far) has anyone else got any recommendations based on recent uses?

england
Level Contributor
557 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Karia travel

We are arriving on Friday and using A2B, I will post how we get on with them if this helps?

London, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Karia travel

Has anyone used the shuttle service from Travel Republic? I've just got a quote and it's really reasonable- £21 for shuttle transfer or £32 for speedy shuttle (don't know exactly what the difference is)....

Get answers to your questions about Bitez
Recent Conversations