We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kitten

glasgow
Level Contributor
266 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Kitten

I have accidentally acquired a beautiful 5 week old kitten. He was taken from his mother by some Turkish kids on holiday but he is too young to fend for himself and I go home on Wednesday for 5 weeks so can't look after him. I know there are loads of stray cats around and I know it's a tough life for the animals out here but this little guy is so friendly I felt I'd be doing him a disservice if I didn't at least ask around!!

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kitten

I have pulled this from another website, it has some phone numbers on:

"For animals in Bodrum, Torba, Gümbet and Gündoğan contact the Animal Welfare Association (0252 316 30 33) or the shelter (0252 337 14 25); for Turgutreis, Bağla, Akyarlar, Dereköy, Kadıkalesi, and Islamhaneleri contact the Association (0252 382 39 30) or the shelter (0252 382 20 33). For Bitez contact vet Burcu Kurt (0252 319 34 04), for Ortakent/Yahşi vet Önder Çevik (0252 358 59 93)"

There is apparently a shelter in Torba, here are the directions:

"There are two animal shelters on the Bodrum peninsula, one is near Torba on the main highway to the airport: (map), (from the Torba-Yaliciftlik-Bodrum junction, head 500m up the hill toward the airport, at the top of the hill, opposite the Jandarma stop, turn right). The other is just between Turgutreis and Islamhanleri: (map), (Go about 2km out of Turgutreis on the main road, and look out for a new Shell garage on the right hand side, just before the garage, turn right towards "Countryranch", the shelter is about 1.5km down the road"

And here is a link to a map of where the shelter is:

wikimapia.org/15875237/Torba-Animal-Shelter

Maybe you could either phone or go along to one of these places and they may be able to help.

glasgow
Level Contributor
266 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kitten

That's great, thanks! I'm hoping because he's so tame he'd be suitable for rehoming! You never know. It's worth a try at least. He's a real sweetheart and litter trained already.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kitten

Let us know how you get on :)

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kitten

My friend from Bodrum is asking about for you and she said if you don't have anyone by the time you leave she will take care of him until he can be re-homed so please let me know if you still haven't found a home for him.

glasgow
Level Contributor
266 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kitten

If your friend is Lesley then she's sent me a message on Facebook. I've only just been able to reply as my wifi has been down all day.

I'm still potentially looking though as I have nothing set in stone yet and only a few days til I leave.

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kitten

If all else fails - have a word with Mandy owns bag shop (by Black Cat) she might be able to help you.

Good Luck.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kitten

Any news Space?

8. Re: Kitten

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Bitez
Recent Conversations