We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A bit too quiet for us?

uk
Level Contributor
73 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
A bit too quiet for us?

Hi everyone, we have been to Turkey many many times, staying in Dalyan, Kalkan, Side and Gumbet, but never to Bitez. It sounds

Lovely, but wondering if it will be too quite for us? We arent party animals by any means (early 30s couple) but like a stroll, dinner and a few cocktails of an evening, and perhaps a bit if late night shopping! We found Gumbet too busy and noisy, but Dalyan is about perfect for us, but we want to try somewhere new. Just wondering if anyone thinks Bitez may be on the quiet side for us? Any advice greatfully received. Thank you!

Glossop
Level Contributor
60 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A bit too quiet for us?

We found Bitez very similar to Kalkan but without the hills. Plenty of restaurants mainly on the sea front, all the restaurants you can stop for a drink and all provide a variation of cocktails. Probably not as many shops as Kalkan but you are so much closer to all the other resorts on the peninsula and you are just a short bus journey from Bodrum where there are plenty of shops and restaurants.

We slightly prefer Bitez to Kalkan as you don't feel as isolated. Hope this helps.

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A bit too quiet for us?

I Holliday in both Dalyan and Bitez enjoying them both.Bitez is smaller with less shops but they both attract the same sort of visitor,although Bitez has a good mix of Brits,Irish,Dutch &Turkish visitors as opposed to the mainly Brits in Dalyan.I would recommend that you try Bitez.

uk
Level Contributor
73 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A bit too quiet for us?

Great, thank you both for your replies! Now very very tempted :))

Level Contributor
168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A bit too quiet for us?

Bitez is nice but it is small,personally once you have walked along the front and visit a few restaurants you will probably have to venture further afield for a change of scenery, try the dolmus its easy and fun

Have a good'un..

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A bit too quiet for us?

I think you have the best of both worlds with Bİtez.Chill out days,lowkey, friendly evenings and when you want a bit more liveliness then Bodrum is only 15 minutes on the dolmuş.So you can have the bustle without it being in your face 24 hours a day :)

uk
Level Contributor
73 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A bit too quiet for us?

Thanks for your helpful replies :). Do you think we would be better suited to staying in Bodrum? We stsyed in Gumbet previously and found it a bit "brash". We went to Bodrum on market day but I cant really remember it. Whilst I know you have the dolmus to get around on, which we are regular users, it is nice just to go for a stroll of an evening and have everything "on your doorstep". Im just wondering if we would like Bodrum better and perhaps a day trip or two to Bitez instead? Thanks for your replies :)

Glossop
Level Contributor
60 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A bit too quiet for us?

Personally I would go the other way and stay at Bitez and visit Bodrum night or daytime as Bodrum is a far more busier town/city and with Bitez you can just chill out and be far more relaxed.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A bit too quiet for us?

Bitez is the quietest resort I have ever encountered on my travels. I'm mid 30s & stayed there a few weeks ago for 3 nights, was supposed to be longer. Once you have wandered one evening my personal opinion is there isn't much more to do.

I know you have stayed in Gumbet before, I agree that it's brash but if you stay out the centre, it's far superior in my opinion & I hate tackiness. Trips into Bodrum the way forward I did this every few nights but Gumbet is cheaper than Bitez, I spoke to a few of the taxi drivers, bar staff, etc & they couldn't believe how quiet Bitez was this season.

I'm sure the Bitez faithful will point you to the things to do there but I would imagine its Impossible to occupy yourself for a week in Bitez, 2 would be a nightmare.

Perhaps do a week in each?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A bit too quiet for us?

Yes,you could stay in Bodrum but you'd need to pick accomodation carefully to avoid having loud music in the early hours and traffic noise all day long.

There is a nice but small beach at the eastern end of the town but staying near there puts you rather a long-ish walk from the town centre and a very long walk from the bus station.Would being close to the beach be important for you or are you more likely to be active and out and about during the day?

So,by all means consider it but do check hotel locations accurately before committing yourselves.

uk
Level Contributor
73 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A bit too quiet for us?

Thanks everyone :) the beach isnt a big deal for us, maybe one trip during a weeks' stay perhaps. We'd hire a car, so its just the evenings really that we'd like to be close to bars and restaurants (so that we can both have a drink). I was always under the impression that Bodrum is the smaller smarter swankier sister to Gumbet? Is this not the case? I really appreciate everyone taking the time to reply, it really is helpful. Thank you :)

Get answers to your questions about Bitez
Recent Conversations