We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elvino bad experience

Which Bitez hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
550 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Elvino bad experience

Morning people, following on from my post yesterday about a nice restaurant in Bodrum I'd like to share with you quite an unpleasant situation just in case you ever fancy visiting this place. As I said yesterday the lovely manageress in our hotel called the above while I was standing in front of her and made our reservation for last night for our anniversary,they said they would collect us for our 9pm reservation, we were waiting in reception from 8.30, by 9.20 nobody had showed so we spoke to the manageress and she phoned to see what was going on, a long conversation between them followed that resulted in them telling her that no such reservation had been made, nobody had arranged for us to be picked up and they wouldn't take a booking for us. I felt really bad for the manageress,she was so upset as she felt she had let us down, we told her not to worry and went off to Salamakis and had a lovely meal, had kind of gone off the idea of Bodrum by then. We weren't impressed by the behaviour of Elvino anyway but the manageress came and saw us this morning and told us they had then phoned her back three times last night and were really rude and abusive to her claiming she had never made the reservation, I stood in front of her and saw her take the phone number from the screen and call them and heard the whole conversation. I feel so bad for her that she has had to put up with that after just trying to do something nice for us and, let's face it, pass custom on to them. I have already put a strongly worded review on TA, awaiting publication but just wanted people on here to know how badly they have behaved.

We will go into Bodrum tomorrow and eat at one of the other recommended restaurants and, with luck, have a better experience!

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Elvino bad experience

So sorry to hear you had a bad time Lynsey.It has not inspired us to go to there when we are in Bitez in September. The manageress may well think twice before she tries to book there again for someone.

Hope you had a lovely meal at Salamakis - it is one of the places we always go and it is in our top 3 places to eat

Trust you will fare better tonight.

Jemima

england
Level Contributor
550 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elvino bad experience

Thanks Jemima and yes it was lovely, had lunch there a few days ago and used the sun beds as the staff are so nice and not at all pushy, would certainly recommend visiting this restaurant without a second thought

Level Contributor
164 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elvino bad experience

Sorry to hear your plans were ruined try lapassion and as I mentioned give em a tinkle to reserve hope you have better luck tonite

On the plus side its bucketing down here lucky you

england
Level Contributor
550 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elvino bad experience

Thanks Dougal, will do and sorry to hear about the rain!!! :(

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Elvino bad experience

How awful that experince must have been for you.

As I said we have not been there and had never heard of it until my friend told me she had booked it for her anniversary she told me she had chosen it from all thhe excellant comments on here and even wrote a review titled ""Perfect Anniversary”“

Sorry it spoilt your evening I feel bad because I recommened it to you.

Promise you won't be dissopointed if you book the Spanish place - the food is super and like Dougal has pointed out order the jug (or two) of sangria it is delish.!

england
Level Contributor
550 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Elvino bad experience

Oh BB don't feel bad, it looked lovely and as you say has good reviews, I read your friends one and others and it sounds like people have enjoyed it, I feel for the poor lady here having to put up with the phone calls later, that is unbelievable to do that to somebody who was actually sending trade their way, not nice people, just wait now and see if my review is published and how they respond. Think we are going to give the Spanish one a try, that sounds really nice and hopefully run by nicer people but please don't feel bad, at least we haven't given them any of our Money and spent it here in Bitez instead.

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Elvino bad experience

Come on lynsey tell us which restaurant you ended up last night...?

england
Level Contributor
550 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Elvino bad experience

Last night was blue moon to defend our title as we won the quiz on Wednesday, didn't win last night :(,tonight we are off to Bodrum for anniversary attempt number 2 and are heading to La Pasion. Hopefully with a little more success, this holiday has had a bit of a theme to it, missed our much anticipated boat trip with Liz and Ahmet due to a mix up with days and dates ( will tell more when I write my holiday report but nothing bad on the part of Liz!) so fingers crossed, no disasters this time! My review of El Vino has been published, waiting to see if they make any response now!!

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Elvino bad experience

Do enjoy your meal tonight..!

On a lighter note are youu enjoying Corner?

Off for a nosey at your review. ;-)

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Elvino bad experience

Oooo "significant" birthday next year" :-) Liked the bit that you were thinking about staying in their hotel.

That report should loose em a few customers.!

(i put a yes for Was this review helpful?)

Get answers to your questions about Bitez
Recent Conversations