We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earth tremor

england
Level Contributor
573 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Earth tremor

Well I certainly didn't need the alarm this morning, rumbling building and shaking bed, 4.1 magnitude apparently. Different end to the holiday!!!

Bodrum, Turkey
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Earth tremor

Hi sorry you had a nasty end to your holiday. but i live here and experience it every day, so you get used to it but it is rather unerving.

hope you had a good holida.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,742 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Earth tremor

My friend just emailed to tell me about it too. It was stronger than the usual ones I think.

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Earth tremor

Read that earlier lynsey from Mandy (bag shop) F/B she lives in Bitez. They seem to have had a lot this year.

Safe journey home - bet you won't forget this holidaay in a hurry! LOL

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Earth tremor

What Bag shop does Mandy work in BB?

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Earth tremor

Opposite "I Love Genuine Fake Factory" by Black Cat.

Which is the by the Mosque.

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,537 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Earth tremor

Yep, kedi, significantly stronger than the usual ones, tho it's the 2nd fairly strong one in the past few days, difference was this one lasted quite a long time (relatively speaking). We do seem to be having a bit of a storm at the moment!

Sue

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Earth tremor

Sorry Lynsey that might have been the Mrs and me. We'll try and keep it down from now on 😳

I know it woke me up and the first thing I though was what are the building regs like out here. Then I saw the suitcases wobbling on the top of the wardrobe. Felt the aftershocks aswell.

england
Level Contributor
573 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Earth tremor

That's funny Kipster, my other half made a similar comment about making the earth move for me, unfortunately I had to tell him there was no fooling me!! It was quite entertaining really, we felt the one a few days ago but as has been mentioned that didn't last as long, I looked out at the pool and saw a baby tsunami taking place and the windows shaking and did wonder if I should have been more worried than I was, a family with two little boys came rushing out of their rooms and stayed put by the pool for a while, think they were expecting the big one any minute. No BB we certainly won't, it was eventful but just like last year we thoroughly enjoyed it and I have to confess we are now confirmed Bitez addicts, no doubt we will be booking the next trip very soon! Oh and Kipster, we are home now so don't mind us, you carry making the earth move for your lady ;)

england
Level Contributor
573 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Earth tremor

Had a great time thanks Cathy, can't wait to come back!

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Earth tremor

There was another small (earth) tremor this morning.

Get answers to your questions about Bitez
Recent Conversations