We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Voyage Turkbuku - Can anyone answer a few questions?

Which Golturkbuku hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Voyage Turkbuku - Can anyone answer a few questions?

Hi

We have just booked with Thomson a last minute 2 week holiday to Voyage Turkbuku 11 Oct - 25 Oct. We have already emailed the hotel for a quiet room but I have a couple of questions that I am hoping someone can help me with.

1. Currency - What is the best thing to do, take pounds and exchange into Lira over there? or I have read they prefer dollars.

2. Tips - what is the preferred currency?

3. Weather - can anyone tell me what the weather will be like in October?

4. Are there Tea and Coffee facilities in the rooms?

The reviews have all looked really good, any other advise would be appreciated.

Regards

Maria

4 replies to this topic
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,436 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Voyage Turkbuku - Can anyone answer a few questions?

October is a great time to visit - less crowded and so much cooler! Temperatures usually in the mid 20s deg C in the day but evenings cool so a lightweight jacket or cardigan is useful.

As for currency change a small amount to lira before coming out then exchange locally as you go. GBP happily accepted in most places as well. Don't change to Dollars though. Also if you have Euro left over from previous holidays it's worth bringing them but don't change any especially. Tip in Lira also - the Turkish currency and most acceptable!!! There is a Top Question on the Bodrum Peninsula forum page about money!

Edited: 26 August 2012, 18:05
rotherham
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Voyage Turkbuku - Can anyone answer a few questions?

Hi,,

We used lira all the time when we were there for tips,newspapers and bus fares to Bodrum etc..There was no teamaking facilities in the rooms when we were there the year before last..

Weather on the Bodrum Penisula is very unpredictable in October so take a jacket or cardigan for night time as its quite cool,,expect a little rain aswell..

We have been going to Turkey for more than 20 years and always take lira and sterling there is a safe in your room that you put your own didgital code into..There is no where around the hotel to exchange money only the hotel and they do not give a very good rate but if are going into Bodrum there is loads of places there to change money..The little village of Turkbuku is about 20 mins walk down hill but better to get taxi back...

As i said all ready about the weather be prepared as evey thing is amed at outdoors except the main resteraunt and one of the Al'acartes....

Have a great holiday :)

WENDY

Southampton, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Voyage Turkbuku - Can anyone answer a few questions?

Thanks for the advise, we will pack the kettle!

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Voyage Turkbuku - Can anyone answer a few questions?

Yes thats what we did and just asked for a glass of milk from the little bar downstairs from reception near the pattasire,kept it in the fridge,as there was not a shop that sold milk...I also used to take my Teabags from home and used them at breakfast aswell as the Tea you get there served in big jugs i did not like so used my own teabags and just got glass of milk in the dinning room...

Nice hotel enjoy

WENDY

Reply to: Voyage Turkbuku - Can anyone answer a few questions?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Golturkbuku
More Golturkbuku Topics