We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigarette Prices

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Cigarette Prices

Hi all, we are going to Bodrum in September (first time), does anybody know how much the cigarettes are in the resorts?, anyway of spotting fakes? and coming home will Gumbet airport sell me as many as I want?...many thanks

29 replies to this topic
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3,542 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cigarette Prices

If you go back to post 1 & 7 - all they want at the airport in duty free is the biggest sale they can get, they are not worried about you having them taken off you on arrival in the UK (unless of course you want to pay UK duty on them on arrival); seen many people have them confiscated - by the way, that then remains on your passport for future trips for custome to look out for!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,575 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cigarette Prices

"I certainly will not be returning back to Turkey"

Is this because you broke the law and didnt get away with it ???

If you'd have come on here before you went on holiday you would have found out what the duty free limit was, then would you have gone back to Turkey ??

This has been noted on your passport

crateegg

Edited: 20 July 2017, 11:25
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
3,542 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cigarette Prices

Agreed Crateegg

Edited: 20 July 2017, 11:45
Greenock, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cigarette Prices

Tina, did you not ask to pat the duty on the cigarettes and tobacco? Would have still saved you a fortune over here on the prices.

Lesson learned, get late flight into Manchester ;)

Greenock, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Cigarette Prices

Sorry but anyone who goes to Turkey and claims they do not know what you are allowed back are talking garbage.

Mars, Pennsylvania
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Cigarette Prices

There are no different prices if you are inside Turkey. As long as u shop from the stores as big as Wall Mart which there are plenty every 100 meters you will be fine. They just sell fake cigs at the bazaars not in any legal tobacco shop or convenience store. And dont shop anything from Gümbet but u can do it everywhere else. Gumbet is only for British people, very well known in Turkey with a bad fame. Anywhere else in the island is safe and a lot more good in quality about in every aspect. So go to any big convenience store outside that small British holiday town and buy whatever you want.

Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Cigarette Prices

Brought 400 B&H gold for £46 on the easy jet flight. The one at Bodrum Airport didn't look great and were more expensive. Brought one set on the way there and one set on the way back on easy jet.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Cigarette Prices

What gifts did they take away from you because I love shopping in turkey iv even booked an extra hold case for way home I’m just curious to what they took away as I bring all sorts back

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,533 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Cigarette Prices

ozzy_dude I am not sure what you mean by 'Anywhere else in the island.......' Gumbet is in Turkey which really isn't an island. I am also unaware that Walmart are now in Turkey.

I suggest you troll off elsewhere.

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Cigarette Prices

well said Vip

also " Gumbet is only for British people" ...... what a load of cobblers!

Reply to: Cigarette Prices
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations