We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gumbet very quiet

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,573 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Gumbet very quiet

Just got back from Gumbet this morning and have to say its really quiet. The restraunts and bars are really struggling. Seen two hotels closed that were open last year and several bars have closed in the last 2 years

crateegg

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Gumbet very quiet

Got back yesterday. It is quieter, certainly different from my last visit 3 years ago. Fewer bars and restaurants but still plenty to choose from and generally very good value. Had an amazing time.

Level Contributor
22 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Gumbet very quiet

Siesta b&b

Oswaldtwistle...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Gumbet very quiet

Hi Crategg, been following your posts with interest. we are gong to the Agar apartments on 10th August and really looking forward to it, so much so I have already booked again for next year as I hear nothing but good about this place. We gave Turkey a miss last year and went to Corfu, which although quite busy was not a patch on Turkey and the people and hospitality you receive there. Hopefully being quiet is a temporary blip, I am meeting more and more people who are returning as they are not prepared to pay the extortionate prices in Europe. I will continue to watch the forum, but I am positive that we are going to have a great time at the Agar, and it's partly because of your reviews that we booked it so cheers.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,573 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Gumbet very quiet

JTPinOssie, sent you a pm

crateegg

Oswaldtwistle...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Gumbet very quiet

Just read my message back through again and apologise if I was misunderstood, I am practically a social media virgin and I didnt mean cheers in a bad way, I meant thank you for your helpful advice you helped me make my mind up. I have been Gumbet before and stopped at Bagevleri Hotel and it was great so I am keen to return to this area.

Glasgow, United...
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Gumbet very quiet

Just back from gumbet and had a lovely time as usual, sadly I feel it's on the way out as a tourist resort for British holidaymakers, walking about the streets and the beach there was very few brits, doesn't feel the same as it used to. Felt sorry for all the shop owners and restaurants but can't see it getting any better

manchester
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
639 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Gumbet very quiet

Hi we were there at the same time and yes Gumbet was very quiet but we still had a fantastic time. I am hoping that things pick up in the school holidays. I think with certain tour operators not flying from certain airports has not helped visitor numbers has not put us off back to Gumbet again in 8 weeks xx

18. Re: Gumbet very quiet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2018, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations