We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobile Phones

Which Gumbet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Mobile Phones

Do mobile phones work in Turkey. This seems like an odd question. On the turkey.com website, it says that non-Turkish registered mobile phones won't work. Is this right. I have a mobile phone with Orange will it work in Turkey. Thanks for any advice.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mobile Phones

Yes, your phone will work in Turkey. Just be aware of the charges for using it there!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,026 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mobile Phones

Hi,

that is when you use a Turkish sim card in your telephone.

But, I advise you to use the land lines if possible, calling from Turkey to UK with a mobile will cost you more.

You will also be charged for receiving calls.

good luck!

West Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mobile Phones

Such speedy responses. Thank you. I only intend to have it as a means of contact should our airline need to advise us of a flight change. I won't be using it to make or receive other calls.

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
491 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mobile Phones

It's not an odd question,I had read the same thing and was prepared to register my phone etc.But as soon as I turned it on it linked up and worked

You can always rent a local phone cheaply when you are there

Bitez, Turkey
Level Contributor
315 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mobile Phones

as everyone tells you yes you can use your phone as long as you have had it 6 months if its contract, also it is expensive to use there, do be very careful if taking out sim card and putting another one as suggested as this blocks phones as i acts like its been stolen!!!it is a thousand times cheaper to use hotel phones and in internet cafe or pay phones ,ps have a great time

Newcastle - UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mobile Phones

yes your phone will work but dont use it!! Your better off getting a phone card and using the pay phones as they are much cheaper!!! I went over my bill by like 300 pound in gumbet because my nephew was due to be born!! I would not advise to use your mobile abroad any where! Just stick to the pay phones and they are cheaper after 8 o clock or 7!

7. Re: Mobile Phones

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet