We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying with Onair anyone any tips?????

ripley, debyshire
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Flying with Onair anyone any tips?????

Hi

We are flying with Onair in two weeks and I have been reading through some reviews which were rather disturbing but it is a budget airline so I'm expecting it to be similar to BMI baby and Ryan Air. Could anyone who has flown recently let me know their experiences please?????

Thank you XXXXXX

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,739 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying with Onair anyone any tips?????

I have been with Onur a few times and my experience was that they are no different form any other budget airline.

East Kilbride
Level Contributor
94 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying with Onair anyone any tips?????

We flew with them recently and they were fine, drinks were expensive but hey you are on holiday

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying with Onair anyone any tips?????

1 tip for you, change to another uk flight company, like thomas cook & thomson, we had a massive delay with them a few years ago, and because the airline isn't registered in the uk, we were unable to claim on the insurance, not sure if people are unaware of this stipultaion in most insurance companies.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,739 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying with Onair anyone any tips?????

Good advice but not really appropriate if the flights have already been booked and paid for.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,765 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying with Onair anyone any tips?????

If you would like a drink ( alcohol) during your flight sit near the front of the airplane as they rarely have enough of anything in stock and are very slow doing the food and drink run.

On a positive note I was on an Onur Air flight where a passenger became very disruptive having been drunk getting on and the crew handled the situation very well.

Edited: 20 July 2010, 16:57
Glasgow
Level Contributor
31 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying with Onair anyone any tips?????

I have been with Onur Air twice now and again would repeat what has been said, simpy a turkish budget airline. Not experienced any problems, Both journeys left on time and we luckily got a seat at the fire exit door so that meant so much more leg space which was great. Basically i would say it is what it is - a budget airline, nothing more, nothing less.

Dublin
Level Contributor
153 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying with Onair anyone any tips?????

HI

I travel to turkey twice a year for the past good few years and I have flown with Onur air, I have never had a problem with them, the hostesses are lovely - only one little problem the food on board isnt great so bring a few sambos with you otherwise I highly recommend them

Enjoy your holiday

MiaDublin

8. Re: Flying with Onair anyone any tips?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2011, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations