We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gumbet 2011 Stay - Reccomended Self Catering Hotels

philpeg1969
Level Contributor
394 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Gumbet 2011 Stay - Reccomended Self Catering Hotels

Hi

We are off to Gumbet this year (2nd Time) after enjoying the area so much last year we thought we would give it a look again.

We Stayed last year H/B but this got quite repetative after the first week so this year we thought we would give the S/C or B&B a go.

What i am looking for is reccomended hotels for self catering or B&B in the gumbet area that are reasonably priced.

I look forward to all your replies.

Cheers Phil

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gumbet 2011 Stay - Reccomended Self Catering Hotels

There are plenty of decent SC apartments in Gumbet - Tropicana, Siesta Beach and Jasmine Beach, Orange Apartments, Queens Resort, Greenhouse, Seray Class, Ozukara, Tosunoglu, these are all good.

For B&B try Gumbet Cove, Gumbet Resort Beach Hotel (but not the Litera one!), Serhan Hotel or Bagevleri.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
11,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gumbet 2011 Stay - Reccomended Self Catering Hotels

Why not try a small family run apt complex

we're going back to the dost apts (not the dost hotel) they are very basic but cheap and wonderful..................see the reviews on here.

whitehaven,cumbria
Level Contributor
529 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gumbet 2011 Stay - Reccomended Self Catering Hotels

Hi we have been going to gumbet for a number of years and have returned to Club Alka apparts for the past 3 years after some bad experiences in other gumbet hotels.

They are a family run hotel very clean and the satff are brilliant with guests as soon as you arrive,

They are just off the main drag but far enough away from the noise and close enough for everything else.

the dolmus stops outside the hotel, only draw back is the big hill but if you carry on walking to the windmill then its a flat walk back.

can't reccomend this enough always returning guest's as we are going back at the end of june AGAIN LOL.

Good luck the jockster

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
616 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gumbet 2011 Stay - Reccomended Self Catering Hotels

I'm in two minds as to whether or not to recommend the Gumbet Cove. Stayed there last year and was a bit 50/50 on the place. Staff are friendly, bar the owners. Pool could do with a small revamp, but it's on the beach so not too much of a worry. However.....ourselves and a number of other guests were all presented with fabricated bills on checkout day and convieniently they all amounted to 14TL.

philpeg1969
Level Contributor
394 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gumbet 2011 Stay - Reccomended Self Catering Hotels

Hi Ya

Thank you for all your replies regarding Self Cattering Accomodation. In the end we have opted to go back to the parkim ayaz on a half board basis.

We managed to get a very good deal on the two week break for the parkim ayaz so if we want to eat out we can.

Stayed there last year and had a great time.

Looking forward to go back.

Cheers Phil

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gumbet 2011 Stay - Reccomended Self Catering Hotels

Hi Folks

My wife & I will be in Gumbet in the Dost apts for 2 weeks from 20th May.

Is a Turkish SIM card easily available, & if so is it cost effective ?

Cheers

Chris

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
215 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gumbet 2011 Stay - Reccomended Self Catering Hotels

Would highly recommend the Serpina Hotel. You won't go wrong there.

Do a search for the comments on it here. Top class, great staff and great location, everyhting in easy walking distance.

8. Re: Gumbet 2011 Stay - Reccomended Self Catering Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2012, 18:30
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
215 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gumbet 2011 Stay - Reccomended Self Catering Hotels

I often had a few beers at the Seray class and it looks like a great place to stay as well, very close to the beach as well. Loads of great places to stay in gumbet, looking forward to coming back in september. We are stopping in bitez but we will certainly be frequenting all our old haunts in gumbet on a number of occasions again.

fermanagh
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gumbet 2011 Stay - Reccomended Self Catering Hotels

Serayclass is a great place to stay . I have stayed here for many years now i have even lost count how many times lol. Great family run apartments and also all the staff and i mean all the staff are brill.

Seray class by name and the mean what the say.

Class family

Class staff

Class hotel

Class food

Class service

Class location

Its just class

I think i said enough for now lol

Can't wait to get back

would i recommend this hotel wat do think lol

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations