We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help! How much spending money for 1 week in Gumbet?

Which Gumbet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
here
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Please help! How much spending money for 1 week in Gumbet?

Hi all

At the beginning of September my boyfriend and I are going for 1 week in Gumbet, Turkey.

How much spending money do you think we should take each for the week based on what we want to do (below)?:

-Trip to Dalyan

-Trip to Pammukale

-Lazy day boat trip

-One trip to a Turkish bath

We are going self-catering so would like to eat out cheaply a few times, but would also cook in the apartment to save pennies!

We wouldn't be going out drinking at night as neither of us drink much alcohol. I'd like a little bit of cash for shopping for bits and pieces, but no large or expensive items.

Also would it be better for us to take Lira, Euro or GBP pounds?

Thank you so much for any help!!

philpeg1969
Level Contributor
333 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help! How much spending money for 1 week in Gumbet?

Hi

As you dont drink that will save you loads of money. Well it would us. LOL

Food you can get any thing from around £15 a couple up to £100 a couple but i would say an average good meal that included wine was around £30 for a couple.

Boat trips average around £10 each that includes luchtime food. You can purchase soft drinks on board at an extra cost.

Our Turkish bath cost us £15 each last year and was next to the Parkim Ayaz hotel.

Last year it was best to take English money and you seemed to get better deals on shopping that way. Not sure at the moment though as exchange has changed a lot. We also used the cash machines out there and got very good exchange rate that way.

We always take a few Lira just to last us the first day or so then change the rest up when in turkey.

Hope this helps.

Phil

2. Re: Please help! How much spending money for 1 week in Gumbet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet